Chambered stage II Allens on a 454

Tim103

th_2016%2007_zps6b13ddiy.mp4 This is my 74 Stingray after I installed Allen's Chambered Stage 2 exhaust.  Stock motor and manifolds.  I like to hear a motor.

This is my 74 Stingray after I installed Allen's Chambered Stage 2 exhaust.  Stock motor and manifolds.  I like to hear a motor.

th_Sweet%2074_zps69719490.jpg Guess I figured out the posting problems I was having so I'm replacing some of the screwy stuff with some C3 pics.

I'm sure it sounds great, maybe one of the geeks around here. can help you with the sound bite.

Welcome to ACE by the way.

I thought it might be useful to anyone thinking over purchasing such a system.  The system fits very well and it took longer to get the old rusted system off than to install the new one.  I bought the aluminum system rather than the stainless as it was actually half the price.  I bought the system from Wilcox Corvette when they had a 20 or 25% 0ff sale which more than paid for the shipping.  The big block systems are 2 1/2" pipe from end to end with nice smooth, open bends.  The system that came off my vette had nearly a 90 degree bend in each pipe (true duals) that looked like it should cut the low at the bend by 1/2.  I'm reasonably sure what I took off was stock except for the mufflers.  The Allen's system included all needed clamps, flanges, donuts and inserts.  Mine included tips.  It all went together easily.  I reused all the hangers except the two rearmost tip hangers that were not the proper ones for the car anyway.  Someone had replaced them when they replaced to mufflers and they fit crooked and poorly positioned the tips.  I am the 3rd owner of the car.  The dealership owner sold it while working for his father (then dealership owner).  The guy drove it for 18 years and sold it back to the dealership owner who kept it pretty much stored until I bought it in 2015 with 67,000 miles on it.

Anyway, back to the exhaust.  It sounds great in and out of the car at city and local two-lane speeds.  However, due to the coupe's big hollow design behind the seats it does drone pretty strongly on the freeway at 70 75 mph.  This winter I pulled the rear carpet and added some frost king duct insulation under the carpet and on the back wall.  I used this same material in the back trunk and back seat area in my Camaro and it made a significant difference in cabin noise.  Hoping the insulation and the LLoyd's Luxe Cargo mat will quiet the 74 as well.  If interested check out Wilcox as well as the manufactures site; http://allencorvetteexhaustsystems.com/

I tried to feex, but its says deleted by owner.  I fixed the url link and reinserted to your post so I'm assuming you deleted it off your photobucket?

Sorry guys.  I know how to take a circuit board apart, repair it and work on the internals of a computor but social media is whippin'  my ass!  Here's the link.  I've been trying to figure out how to post without access to the entire photo bucket account but there's nothing on there that's secret anyway and I guess it shouldn't be in photo bucket if no one is supposed to see it.  th_2016%2007_zpse1eddba7.mp4