New Member intro

Soofrsh

Hello from the west side! New Corvette owner! Picked up one of my dream cars this September, a C5 Vette. I was able to get the color I wanted, interior, and transmission from a family friend. No big mods as of yet :lol only a vararam intake, lowered on stocks bolts (have aftermarket read bolts laying around), and from what I believe is a Borla stinger exhaust. Future plans are LT's and a tune as my cats have seen better days. So any recommendations for LT's with an xpipe are appreciated.

image.jpg

Welcome to ACE!  Take a look in the modifications and builds section and you will find discussions of headers, mufflers, cat delete (or not),etc.  I'm sure others will chime in here with input.  For a tune, I highly recommend NicD. He worked magic on my C5 when I had it.

Welcome from Goodyear. Now come out to a ACE outing and meet us in person. 

SLAMMER ?

Welcome to ACE!

I don't have a Corvette, but maybe one day I'll be cool enough to have one in the garage.

MidNiteFury01

I think I saw you near Waddell yesterday, good looking ride. White is cool color on those C5's. Plenty of opinions abound on mods in this forum, great advice too. Check the event sections for upcoming activities. Welcome to ACE from Goodyear!

I think I saw you near Waddell yesterday, good looking ride. White is cool color on those C5's. Plenty of opinions abound on mods in this forum, great advice too. Check the event sections for upcoming activities. Welcome to ACE from Goodyear!

wasn't me lol unless my wife took my car from work to joyride for a bit lol.

didnt realize there was so many members here on the west side. The few members I've encountered have all been from Mesa.

MidNiteFury01

wasn't me lol unless my wife took my car from work to joyride for a bit lol.

didnt realize there was so many members here on the west side. The few members I've encountered have all been from Mesa.

Someone has a nice white one like yours on the west side out near there.   Slowly but surely we west siders are growing in numbers... Nice to have you on board. Need help with anything, just post up. Great people.

Soon after buying the Vette, I had Xtreme Motorsports install corvettes of Houston BCM mod to eliminate the "pull key wait 10 seconds message" but am still getting this message. I've scoured various Vette forums to try to figure out a fix and haven't found an answer yet 

I have an automatic but spent enough time on the forums reading all the rants. First if the dealer did the recall K harness fix the CLB won't work without that being removed

The larger issue that exists for either fix is that you must keep your battery and connections in top notch condition. Charge the battery, take it and get a load test done, clean your terminal connections and make sure they are tight. Corvettes are super finicky about clean power source. 

How old is your battery and what kind is it? C5's are very voltage sensitive. Mine starts doing that when my battery gets old.

I have an automatic but spent enough time on the forums reading all the rants. First if the dealer did the recall K harness fix the CLB won't work without that being removed

The larger issue that exists for either fix is that you must keep your battery and connections in top notch condition. Charge the battery, take it and get a load test done, clean your terminal connections and make sure they are tight. Corvettes are super finicky about clean power source. 

How old is your battery and what kind is it? C5's are very voltage sensitive. Mine starts doing that when my battery gets old.

mine is the 6speed and believe the recall was done to it but from what I've read, the manuals didn't get a k-harness. The battery is newer ( Super Start Platinum).

Have you checked the resting voltage? 

Cleaned terminal connections? 

Checked the engine bay grounds for corrosion?

and charge it, youll be amazed how discharged the battery actually is. These cars never go to sleep fully

Have you checked the resting voltage? 

Cleaned terminal connections? 

Checked the engine bay grounds for corrosion?

12.3 resting voltage, removed battery and cleaned up connections just now. Hooked it back up and no message. We'll see what happens tomorrow if it changes. I was in the engine bay a couple weeks ago and didn't see any corrosions throughout the bay.

If you still get the message try installing the LMC5 fix. I've heard great things about that one. I have the CLB (which is the one you have it sounds like) in mine and have not had any isses with it for 7 years now. Welcome from the far easty side.