hinson headers

aAZZ

Hey guys,

Just joined and wondering if anyone of you guys have tried out these headers?  Look to be fairly new on the market or if any of you have any headers and x pipe for sale I'd be interested. Thanks in advance. 

As far as car i drive a 05 ls2 vette. Pretty much stock 

CAM00501.jpg

http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/p-86054-hinson-c6-corvette-1-78-long-tube-headers-stainless-headers-ceramic-coated-w-x-pipe-o2-sensor-extensions.aspx?gclid=CN7BvtLauMcCFQmCaQodhjMEBw

Hinson makes good parts. There are plenty of other headers less than $1k though if you look around. That being said, the hinsons are probably the best <1k headers out there. Personally I think ARH are worth the extra money.

Hinson makes good parts. There are plenty of other headers less than $1k though if you look around. That being said, the hinsons are probably the best <1k headers out there. Personally I think ARH are worth the extra money.

Yea i've found just headers for under 1k but these come with the x pipe as well so it almost seems like to good of a deal to pass up. The Vette wasn't suppose to be modded it was suppose to be the DD -__-

Then leave it stock. Headers will need a tune. Either go all in and do intake/headers/tune or leave it stock.

Then leave it stock. Headers will need a tune. Either go all in and do intake/headers/tune or leave it stock.

yea well it broke so while it was down i had a buddy throw a cam in there so i need headers/x-pipe as it can't breathe lol

Are you sure they make their own? I have a set of PaceSetter installed on mine. They used my car as a mule for test fitting purposes. I know they were making them for a different label than their own and just got done putting the deal together.

I love the results I've gotten so far. :thumbs

Are you sure they make their own? I have a set of PaceSetter installed on mine. They used my car as a mule for test fitting purposes. I know they were making them for a different label than their own and just got done putting the deal together.

Tbh I think they are PaceSetter headers. I just think the price is hard to beat honestly and I will probably go through with it.

Tbh I think they are PaceSetter headers. I just think the price is hard to beat honestly and I will probably go through with it.

I haven't gotten a tune done on my car yet, but I can CERTAINLY tell the difference.

I haven't gotten a tune done on my car yet, but I can CERTAINLY tell the difference.

I need a tune regardless because of the cam so thats why I want to get something asap lol i'll probly order today if I can't find anything else.

they are pacesetters. the two members that have them on here were the test car's, the "coating" they use is just standard pacesetter black paint. It's not a legit coating. Having said that have not installed a set yet. 

• 5 months later...

I have a set that are due in today. It will be a while until I get them on, as I'm doing the heads very soon along with them, but I couldn't help but try them for that price. Something like $830 shipped for headers and catless x-pipe. I read another forum where a Hinson rep was called out for their headers being a copy and not having actual ceramic coating. They of course denied it and tried to provide some clarity. Either way... I figure I'll give them a shot and see what they're worth.

2 hours ago, zook62 said:

I have a set that are due in today. It will be a while until I get them on, as I'm doing the heads very soon along with them, but I couldn't help but try them for that price. Something like $830 shipped for headers and catless x-pipe. I read another forum where a Hinson rep was called out for their headers being a copy and not having actual ceramic coating. They of course denied it and tried to provide some clarity. Either way... I figure I'll give them a shot and see what they're worth.

They are pacesetter headers and the "coating" is a black paint. 

17 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

I can agree to the coating being paint but for the price they are cheap and they actually fit pretty good tbh.

19 hours ago, joe@cpr.com said:

I thought mine were silver... I'll have to go look.

6 hours ago, Ted Y said:

6 hours ago, Ted Y said:

Yours are ceramic coated Ted. But Hinson is selling a standard pacesetter black paint. 

Black paint should basically flake off once it gets heated, so should I expect these to be back to a stainless look soon? :)

18 hours ago, zook62 said:

Black paint should basically flake off once it gets heated, so should I expect these to be back to a stainless look soon? :)

not necessarily I've had mine for a couple of months and they are still mostly black.