Looking for your guys input on DTC codes

ZO6vette037

ZO6vette037

So I torn into my 04 droptop with 50K on the clock and I am getting some DTC codes.  I added XS headers and xpipe no cats, into my Borla stingers.  Also added SLP blackwing intake, E3 spark plugs, MSD 8.5 wires, and deleted the air system on the car.

I have HP tuners and tuned out the cat o2 sensors as well as the air system.

So the codes I am getting is P0131, P0141, P0151,  and P0161.  I got the codes about 20 mins after running the car around on the stock o2 senors.  I replaced to o2 sensors thinking the old ones might have caused the issue, but the codes are still showing.  I have checked the wires making sure I didnt twist or crimp anything.  Checked for exhaust leaks and I am good there.  I am about to street tune with all the new parts being on, but I am at a loss as to why these codes are showing up.

Ideas and input from you guys would be helpful.  Please if you guys think of anything I am forgetting please dont be afraid to point it out.

Looks like you're system is still looking for the O2 sensors.  I know sometimes you have to do things in a very specific sequence when disconnecting devices and turning things off or on in the computer, might want to check the instructions.  Beyond that, hopefully the pro's will kick in something

ive seen guys plug in the wrong ho2s before. make sure your not connecting to the deleted downstream ho2s. do you have a scan tool? if so what are your sensors reading? as long as the tune just deleted the cats and downstream ho2s they should oscillate rich to lean (800mv or 900mv to 100mv or less) at idle, at wot they should be pegged rich (800+).

can we assume you reset the computer after changing the O2s?

ZO6vette037

Yes, computer is good and the O2 were replaced with factory ones.  And its kinda hard to connect the o2 in the wrong place.  The XS headers don't need extensions and the post cats have a female connection while the main o2 have a male style connector.

I have more time than inclination these days, so this will be brief. 

You need a wideband to see if the O2 sensors are really that lean after the CAI install, or not. You can also do it while logging the car and driving; if you are up to the task of tuning, then knowing how to log and determine this is gravy. 

If they are that lean, tune the thing. If they are not (highly unlikely), then you have a resistance issue or the sensors are not connected properly. 

Gotta go, Bugs Bunny is on. 

Additionally, make sure you installed the CAI correctly. If it is sucking air, that will give you the lean issue as well. 

Your 141 and 161 codes are there because you did not turn off the rear sensors properly. 

Commercials are over, gotta go

JLs Mistress

Mr Parker I worry about you at times are you sure your pilot light didn't go out ? :)  I would suggest you listen to Parker about  your car problem but as far as cartoons go no .... 

I can't remember for sure, but don't the front sensors crisscross each other?

Also, listen to Parker and make sure there are no air leaks after the MAF sensor. 

Something else I'm thinking of is the crank case ventilation. I remember a tube on one of the valve covers. I if you changed something with the PVC system, it could be pulling unmetered air in there as well.

joe@cpr.com

Parker had good suggestion, I will throw another one out there, it's completely unrelated to your codes but get rid of those spark plugs and put in some NGK tr6 plugs. That won't fix your codes but it will get that garbage out of there :P