PLEASE READ software changes/upgrade

Desertdawg

That's is fine.

On another note, I have noticed a lot of "guests" viewing members profiles.  I signed out and sure enough you can see almost all of the personal information listed in the profile. Of course, I tried to edit mine and couldn't.  Any chance we could make the settings back to being a member before you can view the member profiles?  Just thinking of stolen identities etc.

I was finally able to make changes to my profile by trying multiple states from the drop down until it finally took one.

First off, I figured out where I missed that privacy setting.  Now all profile information is only viewable by members. 

Sorry, I don't know why the transfer didn't import that setting. 

As to the ipad and mobile device issues. Here is the reply to my repair request.  

The editor issues are known, one of the changes we will be making to 4.0 in a later update. Will be replacing the current editor with a the "div" version, which offers a much better experience for mobile devices, but this will take time to implement as it is very different than the way the editor is currently being used. In my experience with the editor on my ipad, sorta hold down on the editor area for a second or two, and it works as intended. sorry for the inconvenience it does cause for your users currently, but we are working on an improvement for it.

----------------------------------------------!

I thought most of the user issues with version 4.0 were worked out before our upgrade, but alas, a few still remain. it is a completely new platform and not just a rewrite of the same old same old, it's also been just so much fun learning a whole new way to fix all the settings in the background but I'm getting there slowly. 

Hopefully the state and gender errors are solved in the profile pages...

Tom (Buccanneer) can change his avatar. 

Next ??????

• Upvote 1

Is there any reason that I can not post a reply in the  ACE Deals section?  The picture in Dean's B-Day thread wasn't that bad....

fixed....

I tried to update my profile and now the Twitter field is required. What if you don't have a Twitter account. It doesn't allow you to leave it blank 

VenomOnWheels

Profile questions: Why do we have 2 gender fields and both a city and required location field?

Gender - some people may want to choose more than one, Chad or Ugly Dale ???  Not pointing fingers or anything ... But !!!

City/location - what if your not home ???

I'll get those fields edited next chance I get. 

• Upvote 1

The gender and location settings in the profiles has been fixed ...

Dean, what are you done with ???? 

Dean, do you know how to type out the link attributes ???

heres what it should look like to post an image.

(img] paste your link [/img)

note- replace the first and last ) with ]

so img between the [ ] and add a forward slash to the second /img to close the script. 

OR .... 

Have you tried just pasting the link to the reply box without clicking the "insert other media" button ???

VenomOnWheels

I can't find a "Help" link a search of this topic didn't provide an answer, so please explain how I can insert an image.  The problems:

• The "Insert image from URL" function doesn't work.  From Photobucket the "direct" and "IM" links just give me the eternal spinning circle, the "HTML" link just shows code, and the "IMG" link yields a small gray box with no img.
  • The "Insert existing attachment" function pops up the message "The page you are trying to access is not available for your account."
  • I can attach the image file and copy it into the message body, but it looks silly to than have the image appearing twice.

HELP!

Note: I'm using Firefox on a Windows-7 desktop computer.

Dawg;

I am sure that I speak for all ('cept "BOB"), when I say THANK YOU for all that you do (not to mention the stress of it all!), in maintaining this site!!  It really looks great!

I am so glad their are great people such as you that keep everything up and running, so we can communicate, play and generally make fun of each other!

No matter what your Wife said - you're still a great guy!

Curt

Dale, the latest software patch 4.0.12 was just released and I have requested our upgrade. One of the major bug fixes is the insert-embed image problem so be patient and hopefully that problem will be no more. 

It will probably take a few days for the upgrade to hit, I'm sure I'm not the first in line. I'll let you all know as soon as it takes affect. 

Curt, thanks dood :thumbs

P.S. Don't believe my wifey. I pay her to be nice to me. 

Ok everyone. The patch has been applied. 

Test it out and let's see what you can break now. 

20150807_202844.jpg?dl=0

Tried to attach a photo from URL via the "Insert other media" button

20150807_202844.jpg?dl=0

Tried to insert photo url inside the img tags.

Ok, let's try this.  

I seem to be able to hotlink, embed, upload,and attach just about anything I want. I'm not seeing the problems. 

So how about a few of you post the address of some of this so I can trouble shoot.

Copy it and paste it, then edit out the ((  http://www.     )))  or remove the .com part   

it should look like this   

arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/topic/27701-please-read-software-changesupgrade/?page=6

VenomOnWheels

Why can't I view anybody's Profile Information on their home page, except my own?  Yes I am signed-in.

Why can't I view anybody's Profile Information on their home page, except my own?  Yes I am signed-in.

dam if I know. This new version doesn't seem to separate the permissions between members and guests for viewing outhers profiles. 

I'm going to ask about this problem on the IPS site. 

And thanks for pointing it out. 

• 9 months later...

The new post preview function appears to be working correctly from an Android  lollipop 4.3 OS.

The only thing I noticed is that after previewing a post and submitting it to the thread, the entire contents of the post remains displayed in the reply box at the end of the thread.

To clear the reply box the user must click the X in the upper right hand corner. This is okay, as long as folks are aware.

However if people do not realize that their reply has  posted, there may be some duplicate posts as folks click the submit button a second time.

• 1 year later...

ACE is NOW SECURE !!

Notice the new https URL? We've got certificates for the site. Now all of your ACE forum perusal is encrypted.

Login handlers for those of you utilizing Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ accounts have been updated, but I've only tested Facebook accounts.

Please contact us using the link at the bottom of every page in the event you have issues browsing or logging into ACE.

Thank you!

ACE