The Vette addiction has begun (Lots of Pics)

Daltimaion

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daltimaion

• Unreal

• joe@cpr.com

• Desertdawg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, but now I have to turn my iPad upside down to understand what you did... :lol

• 4 weeks later...
Daltimaion

Custom Grind from BER performance in North Caroilina. I guess they got all the parts for a shop car and decided to go a different direction so they posted the kit on Corvette Forum. I picked it up for $1k for nearly everything needed to install it. I'll be needing a few odds and ends, I'll be in contact ;)

Daltimaion

My cam kit is on its way here from North Carolina(tracking number says it'll be here saturday). Just need to source a flex fuel kit, and I think I found some injectors. then all I think I'll need are some more tools and a trunion kit. hope to get this in by my birthday. :spinin:

open to any tips or tricks.

Skip trunion kit IMO. Not needed.

DSX tuning sell nice flex fuel kits.

Daltimaion

I feel like $130 is cheap insurance to keep needle bearing where they belong. I've decided to skip flex fuel this time around, might come back to it when I decide to run boost.

Seen more trunion kits fail than OEM. Seems like paying money for a part that just fails more often than OEM.

If you get one, at least do the BTR kit as it seems better. The comps fail too often.

Daltimaion

All the parts in, Now I just need the trunion kit. I should be installing June 19th, getting tuned the 26th

post-2753-0-56916000-1432969869_thumb.jp

Daltimaion

Anyone know where I can borrow, rent, or buy a valve spring Compressor and a pulley puller?

Try any of the rental shops, you may be surprised at what you can find.

Many years ago my father had a small rental shop and rented out all kinds of auto related stuff.

Including all kinds of pullers.

What kind of power are you excepting? Are you doing the heads too? I just had Heads/Cam done on my car. You're going to love the lope/idle!

Tony

Autozone will have the pullers. Valve spring tool maybe a bit harder to find that works.

Worst case harbor freight has those items cheap. Maybe worth it to just buy them.

• 3 weeks later...

I still dont get the pointing thing... Guy with the phone has a 67 Camaro, He was pretty freaked out by the firing order lol.