Emissions and NPP

chip4

I'm going to take my 07 C6 Z06 for is emissions test today, I have a NPP M2W controller -Do I leave the valves open or closed? I almost never close those things. Also I a have skip shift eliminator -Will this be an issue? Car is stock other than those items mentioned.

you will be fine. no issues at all.

infact you should do a wicked burn out inside the bay.

...they like that sort of thing,

Yeah just got it done, I was worried that they would stick a sniffer in the exhaust and find out that the valves were open (M2W needed new batteries). They just checked the gas cap, plugged in an OBD cable and looked for "Check engine" lights. Dint even put it on rollers.

Oh heres a queue cam for anyone that needs this done to see if there are long lines. http://65.82.88.75/queuecam/stationview.exe

• 10 months later...

I know several people who have collector car status on newer cars. Just need to get collector car insurance and show that to them, and no issue. Different companies have different rules.

As you found out, only thing that matters is no CE lights, emissions flags ready, and gas cap. 

• 1 year later...

was wondering about emissions testing here. I have long tubes npp mild to wild switch.. no cats.... 0/2 sensors working and no check engine lite. Am I good on a test.?

On 9/8/2015 at 7:58 PM, Azmotorhead said:

No your car needs to be at least 25 yrs old and insured as a classic/collector car

Unreal is correct,I have my 2000 Dak in sured as a collector/classic and no longer have to run it through emissions.

Azmotorhead

good thing to know that age isnt a limiting factor for a collector vehicle

• Upvote 1

Guest badbobs95
11 hours ago, Azmotorhead said:

good thing to know that age isnt a limiting factor for a collector vehicle

Phil, are you making a joke about my age again? I insured mine the day I bought it at American Classic almost 6 years ago. No emissions tests and full coverage with 0 deductible for about $500 a year with 25K declared value. Long tubes, no cats, x pipe, and no codes, not that anybody ever looked.