Wheel question. . .

Chameleon

Does anyone have experience/knowledge of the maximum WIDTH 18" wheel that you can run on the front of a standard fender C6?

Would like to go with a 10.5 if it will fit. . .

Application is road course use only (not daily driving).

Thanks in advance. . .

I would think so...I have C5 10.5 wheels that I use for auto-x, and they fit on my C5 front, though I have to use an 1/8" spacer to clear the C6 Z06 calipers.

Not sure if you've searched much, but here's a thread from Corvette Forums asking the same question:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/3025556-tsw-nurburgring-18x10-5-wheels-work-on-the-front-of-a-c6.html

What kind of tires are you planning on running? What size front/rear?

Thanks for the link. I had searched on the big forum but not found that one.

Toyo R888s. I was thinking of going square with 305s. If that won't fit, then probably 295 front/305 rear.

Car has Z51 rotors.

What is the "mounted width" on the Toyo's on a 10.5 rim? I run the Nitto's (NT05-stinking treadware rules), and I can run the 295's without rubbing, but 305's might be a bit much.

Not sure if you've searched much, but here's a thread from Corvette Forums asking the same question:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/3025556-tsw-nurburgring-18x10-5-wheels-work-on-the-front-of-a-c6.html

What kind of tires are you planning on running? What size front/rear?

Thanks for the link. I had searched on the big forum but not found that one.

Toyo R888s. I was thinking of going square with 305s. If that won't fit, then probably 295 front/305 rear.

Car has Z51 rotors.

A swap to base rotors will allow more wheel choices and have a lot less chance of cracking when overheated and not cooled evenly. The reduction in diameter and swept surface (including holes) is minimal and replacement costs are far cheaper. Just use more aggressive pads.

What is the "mounted width" on the Toyo's on a 10.5 rim? I run the Nitto's (NT05-stinking treadware rules), and I can run the 295's without rubbing, but 305's might be a bit much.

Not sure on size, thanks for the input on your setup. . . I might end up with 295's. . .

Car has Z51 rotors.

A swap to base rotors will allow more wheel choices and have a lot less chance of cracking when overheated and not cooled evenly. The reduction in diameter and swept surface (including holes) is minimal and replacement costs are far cheaper. Just use more aggressive pads.

I should have been more specific. Car has Z51 size rotors; but not OEM. Already upgraded to cryo track rotors because the track pads ate my OEM rotors in about a day.

Not sure on size, thanks for the input on your setup. . . I might end up with 295's. . .

Car has Z51 rotors.

I should have been more specific. Car has Z51 size rotors; but not OEM. Already upgraded to cryo track rotors because the track pads ate my OEM rotors in about a day.

I talked to a track rat a couple years ago who had bought lifetime rotors from Checker (now O'reilly's) and then used aggressive pads at the track. He would kill rotors in two or three events and then get new ones for free. He said it was a lot cheaper than killing good rotors even though they lasted longer.