Anyone local with a 4 corner scale and knows how to set up a C5Z?

dbs1

I have an 04 Z16 that I lowered about 3/4". Prior to lowering I had 2 track days and the car was very predictable. After lowering the handling changed and the car now seems to want to swap ends way to easy.

I'm out in San Tan Valley, but into Mesa on a regular basis. Is there anyone with access to a 4 corner scale and the knowledge as to how to balance out the car for better handling then I'm seeing now? I noticed that the factory bolts could not be turned the same in/out and have the same ride height on each side, especially the rear and that may be where I've got the handling out of whack. Any help would be appreciated! Thx!

I have a set of scales, but honestly trying to set the car up properly with the transverse leafs is counter productive.

I would suggest coil-overs to get the car balanced right at each corner.

I appreciate the suggestion, but at this time that is not in the cards. Maybe down the road? Time and budget is limited, so making do as it is, is what I'd like to do. Thx.

In that case, bring the car back up to stock height and just enjoy it. You will be surprised what a good set of racing tires will do for track performance as well.

Cheers,

Parker

Yes, I already run NT-01's on it. Very capable tire. I thought bring it back close to stock height or at least close would be what I would do (I only lowered it about 3/4"). But just trying to figure that out is a little perplexing. To get it to have the same measurements from concrete floor to bumper on each side takes more revolutions on the factory bolts side to side, especially the rear. And I mean like at least 1/2" diff on the threads showing. This is the confusing part. That's why I'm wondering if there was someone with a 4 corner scale that knew how to set these up? On e they are on the scale, are they supposed to weigh the same front to back, side to side, despite if they sit level,or not??? I just don't know exactly how to do it.

I'd be happy with a 1/2" lower than stock, and similar height side to side, but I'd be happier if I knew the handling was going to work as it did previously. Anyone here know the answer to this?

My neighbors ums tuning have scales if you want to put it on and see. The owner is a very competitive racer in global time attack.

I am sure the guys at UMS can set you in the right direction and Joe and UMS are certainly closer to you than I am. It will be easier to set the car up with a full tank of gas. Shoot for no greater than 2% difference front to rear and 1% from corner to corner. For rake, I would suggest one half to three quarters of an inch.

The sway bars should be disconnected to do this, and if reconnecting them screws up the balance, you may want to talk to Joe about ordering you some adjustable sway bar end links. right rear will probably benefit most from this.

Once the car is balanced, it will probably look wonky, but if function is more important than form, you can get used to it.