Bilstein vs Stock shocks- Z06

VetteSthetics

VetteSthetics

Wanted to ask if anyone has used bilsteins shocks on their C6Z06 and can speak to the performance difference of them verse stock ones.

I am ready for some replacements at 50K miles.

Thanks Guys!

I too am thinking about this.

from my reading of the CF (...and we know the Corvette Forum is always right :facepalm::facepalm: )

for stiffness from soft to hard

-C6 stock

-C6 Z51

-Blisten HD

-C6 Z06

-Blisten Sport Series

-a rock

what I could not find out is the Amount of stiffness, or how much of a jump it is from on shock to another

This is from memory, so I may be wrong.

I just took off worn out Bilstien Sports and put on C6ZO6 shocks. From what I can remember of the Bilsteins brand new (put on like 6/7 years ago) there is a marginal difference between the two.

I have the DRM valved C6 Z06 Bilsteins on my car.......I solid suspension upgrade, and highly recommended.

You can get on the group buys on the big board and get them for a good price.

VetteSthetics

I have the DRM valved C6 Z06 Bilsteins on my car.......I solid suspension upgrade, and highly recommended.

Yup the only bilsteins I would do for a vette would be the drm units. They ride very good still imo.

So the only way to buy these is through a group buy? I read some info on what they do to them with the valving. The price is good, same as standard Bilsteins. Thanks guys!

Yup the only bilsteins I would do for a vette would be the drm units. They ride very good still imo.

So the only way to buy these is through a group buy?

No, you can purchase them directly from DRM at the regular price, but you'll get a better price via the group buys.

MidNiteFury01

since we are on the topic shocks.... is replacement based on a unit of time or unit of miles? I have Bilsteins that are 6 years old and right at 25k miles.Not many miles, but a few years. I was considering replacing...

I hate to say this but would a garage put them on if I brought them in? Also I would need to put the plugins 2 disconnect my DIC codesfor the existing magnetic ride.

I hate to say this but would a garage put them on if I brought them in? Also I would need to put the plugins 2 disconnect my DIC codesfor the existing magnetic ride.

Mods don't delete this as I'm just giving him honest feedback from a shop pov.

Typically we are anti customer supplied parts as 99% of the time they are wrong or they didn't get the supporting parts needed for it for install. Plus if we can match the price why not support us as we make money on parts too you know (just being 100% honest) but if there are times where we don't get what they want ie not a vendor or our buy in isn't deep enough to price match, and as long as they verify with us ahead of time they ordered the correct stuff than I'm typically fine with it.

that's good to know. Not trying to be overly cheap but I am having some garages Add a hundred percent on their parts.could you PM me with a cost Bilstein DRM and the switches to turn off the DIC. Thanksalso labor costs so that I can save my egg money

that's good to know. Not trying to be overly cheap but I am having some garages Add a hundred percent on their parts.could you PM me with a cost Bilstein DRM and the switches to turn off the DIC. Thanksalso labor costs so that I can save my egg money

sent you a pm.

Hey Joe, Can you do the mag ride delete on 03+? I've heard it can't be done with the plug-in modules on these cars. Supposedly takes a Tech II.

Hey Joe, Can you do the mag ride delete on 03+? I've heard it can't be done with the plug-in modules on these cars. Supposedly takes a Tech II.

You have heard correct, sims will not work 03/04. Computer is looking for variable resistance

correct, if parker still has his tech ii and has the license to do it he could delete it. Basically we could install the shock's or whoever and than drive to him and pay him to delete it. you will have a reduced speed until it's deleted but oh well.

Thanks Joe. Thoughts on C6 z06 shocks compared to c5 mag selects?

I have ran those and do like them, from a cost benefit ratio they are hard to beat. Here are all the iterations i have had and my opinion on them all.

Stock Z51: rode great, worked fine for my level at the time no complaints

C6Z: firmer and more planted feeling, could tell they really didn't like being lowered all the way like I was.

Coil overs: Absolutely love them, can run the car low like I do and it still rides great, plus getting rid of the leaf springs got rid of the crazy transfer the car would do when on the freeway and hitting expansion joint's. The coilovers do take awhile to get dialed in perfectly, but beyond that they are awesome.

Now for 99.99% of the people out there a set of C6Z shocks or the DRM bilsteins is more than enough while maintaining a good ride and improved handling.

To further this subject, now that Pfadt is gone, whose coil-overs are worth a damn?

I have the stance coilovers on mine, they actually made the shock bodies for pfadt and C2P in austria made the shock portion. Pfadt just assembled them, we do carry them btw.