C5 Alignment

RoccoC5

MidNiteFury01

Notice they were located in the bridge between the big convention centers, second floor, down the hallway, then left, and oh, there those vendors are. Complete knock-off's of so many products. 

I spent three days there last year just walking, hardly any time to stop and chat. Mostly picking up brochures, taking pictures, and more walking. Got some good ideas though, rode in the C7, drove the snot out of a Camaro, and met some vendors for possible future Vette projects. Good luck with your search. 

• 2 weeks later...

Due to lack of time, I only came up with Corvette America as a possible supplier. But those guys couldn't even tell me who or where their parts are made.

S.C.

MidNiteFury01

Due to lack of time, I only came up with Corvette America as a possible supplier. But those guys couldn't even tell me who or where their parts are made.

S.C.

I was thinking one has to do research on the floor plan when the announce it in the weeks prior, then research the vendor who might be selling what you're looking for, then research who their distributors are to get the parts you are looking for. 

I would suspect that with Corvette America being they are warehouse distributor --- they were probably there looking for suppliers for their parts catalogs. Those guys don't care where they are made. I wonder if they sought out the Chinese manufacturers in SEMA obscurity?

Did you at least have fun with the show? Any celebrity appearances, pic's, etc.?

Better question, did you invite him to an ACE event?  Oh, that's right, we don't do those any more. 

• 3 weeks later...

S.C.

I was thinking one has to do research on the floor plan when the announce it in the weeks prior, then research the vendor who might be selling what you're looking for, then research who their distributors are to get the parts you are looking for. 

I would suspect that with Corvette America being they are warehouse distributor --- they were probably there looking for suppliers for their parts catalogs. Those guys don't care where they are made. I wonder if they sought out the Chinese manufacturers in SEMA obscurity?

Did you at least have fun with the show? Any celebrity appearances, pic's, etc.?

I was walking around on a bad achilles, so I only spent about six hours on my feet, and never saw one celeb this year. BTW, the Chinese manufacturers were everywhere, in every building, but they didn't seem to have the activity of other vendors.

S.C.

• 1 year later...
scottcolbath

I'm dusting this off for a couple reasons.

First, these may be the rear tie rods I need, at a somewhat decent price:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/88955488

Problem is, they only list fitment back to 2000. 

So, I called Van Chevrolet parts department for a little reality check. I gave them the part number, and the first thing the gal on the phone asks is "What is your VIN?".

Sorry, I don't walk around with my VIN in my pocket. But this particular part. Really? Hasn't the rear tie rod been unchanged, and fits on both C5 and C6 cars? Could the 1997-1999 Vettes actually require a different part? Why does this have to be such a huge pain in the ass?

S.C.

They are likely the same part, but GM's parts system is really not set up to cross reference to years based on part number. The bad assed parts guys that know that type of stuff are retiring every day. The easiest way to identify all options and parts requirements for a car is via the VIN. I keep my insurance cards in my wallet, so when I need that info, I just........

whip it out.  LOL

• Upvote 1