C5 Alignment

RoccoC5

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the North Central Phoenix area to perform an alignment on a lowered C5?

I used CarLife by Arrowhead Mall a couple of years ago. They did a good job, but I have no idea if the same tech is there now.

Guest badbobs95

I used Firestone (company store) because they have a lifetime alignment as many times as you want for $159 and I've already used mine 3 times. They have a floating expert so you do have to make an appointment ahead of time for your location. Well worth it unless you don't plan on keeping your car very long. :boobies:

I used Firestone (company store) because they have a lifetime alignment as many times as you want for $159 and I've already used mine 3 times. They have a floating expert so you do have to make an appointment ahead of time for your location. Well worth it unless you don't plan on keeping your car very long. :boobies:

Doh! I just had mine done at Network for $125.00 for a single.

I to use Firestone on all my vehicles, all three have the lifetime alignment.

If your ride is lower than usual ( mine is lowered to the max on stock bolts)

They will suggest taking it to there Indian school shop.

Reason: scraping bottom! I haven't had a problem on there rack!

I use Metro Center Firestone on Peoria next to in-n-out.

Good luck

joe@cpr.com

one of our customers is the manager at a firestone in the west valley. Name is Sean Roach

1820 N. Pebblecreek Pkwy., Goodyear, AZ 85395

623-935-2091

If you mention Joe @ CPR referred you he will give a discounted rate to you.

one of our customers is the manager at a firestone in the west valley. Name is Sean Roach

623-935-2091

THX for this info....!

Thanks everyone for the tips! Looks like I'll be contacting Sean Roach and heading out to the west valley soon. Thanks Joe!

623-935-2091

THX for this info....!

^^ X 2!

• 3 months later...

623-935-2091

Thank you Joe for the suggestion!!! Was a pleasure workin/dealin with Sean.

2 new pair of shoes, a little straightening out and it's no longer work to drive Stormyy!!! THX to Sean!!!

• 11 months later...

I'm in pretty much the same boat as Superone. My car is lowered. I'm not sure how much, but it seems pretty friggin' low.

Anyway......I'm putting on a pair of front tires this week (Bridgestones) and I want an alignment. The inside of the current fronts prematurely wore, so I'm assuming that one of the previous owners never accounted for that in the alignment. And I'm assuming that it's something I should address as soon as the new tires are put on.

So does this still stans? Firestone is the place?

And here's a shot of the car, to get an idea of how low it is.

IMG_0700-XL.jpg

Our friends Joe and Michael at Classic Gold did a super job aligning my C6. The best part is they know and own Corvettes. Not sure I'd want some ATI grad at Firestone touching the Vette.  

I heard about another place today called Network Alignment, over on Cave Creek, just north of Cactus. Anyone know about these guys? They supposedly cater to altered/custom cars in need of a proper alignment.

Eddie, I hear you, but Superone seems pretty satisfied with them. And P51 as well.

S.C.

Mmmmmmm. Went to Network this morning for my 10:00 appointment. They told me there's a side-by-side up on the rack needed for my car, and they will get to me as soon as that one is done. Fine, I saw a Harley swap meet up the road at Ramjett. I figured I would kill some time there, looking at lots of useless take-off parts. I get back to Network at 11:00 and the side-by-side is still up on the rack. The dude was apologetic, but suggested I try making another appointment. I asked if coming back around noon was good, and he thought so. I get there at noon, leave my car as I go look for somewhere for lunch, and my phone rings not ten minutes later. They want me to come back to the shop.

The tech shows me "wear" in my tie rod end on the right front of the car. It was so minimal, I couldn't believe he called me back to show me. Yes, there was the slightest bit of movement, but not enough to worry about yet. Anyway, because of this, they would not do the alignment. The tech also claimed that the tire wear was a result of the tie rod wear. I'm not so sure about that, as the wear allows for the wheel to wander left and right (toe), not up and down/in and out, which would be camber. But I'm no expert. I wouldn't argue that with the guy.

Anyway, now I'm pondering just how badly my tie rod end(s) are, and do I really need to replace them. 

S.C.

Toe = wear issue

Camber = wear issue

Caster = not a wear issue unless its an absolute mile out

Tough call, they have to warranty it, I honestly don't blame them for refusing to align without the repair

Toe = wear issue

Camber = wear issue

Caster = not a wear issue unless its an absolute mile out

Tough call, they have to warranty it, I honestly don't blame them for refusing to align without the repair

Correct. Having to warranty the work I'm sure, is a primary reason why they wouldn't do the alignment.

The thing is.....Camber = wearing one edge or the other of a tire. Toe = not edge wear. I've seen some weird wear from toe issues, but not edge wear.

S.C.

True, toe issues will typically result in feathering across the tread. If your camber is off at the same time then a toe issue will accelerate the camber issue, sorta like running a block of cheese across a grater :lol

MidNiteFury01

Our friends Joe and Michael at Classic Gold did a super job aligning my C6. The best part is they know and own Corvettes. Not sure I'd want some ATI grad at Firestone touching the Vette.  

I've never had any issues with Sean and his crew over at Firestone at Pebblecreek. I purchased the lifetime alignment and tire rotation/balance plan and the 15+ times i've been there to reset from street to track alignments & back the crew has done me right every time. Before & after specifications provided and these guys even accept custom specifications. Sean is a Corvette guy. 

Also, be kind. The tech could be from UTI, so if you going to alienate, please be sure to include all "automotive training institutes" under your umbrella. :)

I may just go to Firestone for a second opinion on the wear. But my experience tells me it's not that bad.

Either way, I'll be up at SEMA next week and I'm going to shop around for tie rod providers and see what looks good and what does not. Looking online doesn't tell me origin of the part from any manufacturer. So maybe I can find a reliable source at SEMA.

S.C.

MidNiteFury01

I may just go to Firestone for a second opinion on the wear. But my experience tells me it's not that bad.

Either way, I'll be up at SEMA next week and I'm going to shop around for tie rod providers and see what looks good and what does not. Looking online doesn't tell me origin of the part from any manufacturer. So maybe I can find a reliable source at SEMA.

S.C.

AAPEX is the nuts and bolts, SEMA is all the pretty paint & shiny objects. I would check at AAPEX for your component vendor first.  SEMA is awesome, missing out this year, but will be going again next year. 

S.C.

AAPEX is the nuts and bolts, SEMA is all the pretty paint & shiny objects. I would check at AAPEX for your component vendor first.  SEMA is awesome, missing out this year, but will be going again next year. 

You're forgetting about all the bitchin' stamped steel rims from China at SEMA. :)

AAPEX is at the Sands if I'm not mistaken, and I hope to get over there. I'm really limited on time this year.

S.C.