Please Read!

1EvilC5

I will step up and close any Political tread right away. The last political tread went in a direction that was not intended. So at this point, we do not need for that to happen again. This site is intended for Corvette Discussion and if you are not happy with no longer allowing political belief discussions to proceed, then you need to move on to another forum where you can share your political beliefs, where people choose to do so. Not saying that we do not care where our Local State or National politics are going, but if you care to discuss, you can go to other forums that are there for that. This forum does not support any political beliefs and will not tolerate the abuse here. So if it is posted and a Moderator or Administrator sees a member is continuely trying to take this forum down an unwanted path the member will be banned. Thanks for your understanding with this matter.

I quoted this from another thread.

I guess we will see how long this ones stays up before deletion!!

Most forums are IBTL 'in before the lock'!

That lockdown at least let's you see who said what, yada yada!!

Here it gets deleted, like the words never existed??

I guess a little explanation is needed here.

We decided to move a couple of threads to the boneyard, we didn't take that action lightly either. But when the conversations turned racial it was time to move them out of general viewing, it didn't matter who said what anymore it just wasn't right to leave it open for public viewing...

We really can't predict what threads will get moved to the boneyard, I'm hoping that we don't have to do it again. The rules here are pretty lenient, but sometimes we just can't allow certain things to be open for debate, or to be viewed by the public (this includes non-members also)...

We really hope that each and everyone of you enjoys your visits here, sure there's going to be some disagreements, and arguments, as long as there's no personal attacks we probably won't do anything more than tell the participants to take it off the forum (ie.. email).

With no commercial sponsorship, we don't have to worry about keeping anyone happy, so pretty much anything goes, but let's try to keep it civil... :toetap

Don't forget why ACE is here, Friend's and Corvette's :thumbs

Feel free to comment.

:agree Very well put. I was pretty active in that thread. It takes a lot to get me worked up, but the race card is something that will do that to me. David P.S. Do I still get credit for the posts? :lol jk

coconut girl

Good job Desertdawg! Save the wave :howdy:howdy:howdy:howdy:howdy P.S. Desertdawg where did you find the spinning corvette? It is really cool!

Sorry to hear about it happening. Remember the responsible thing to do is to get rid of it. Thanks for making this forum a great place. :)

Thanks Dwayne. This has been a great group of people and I always enjoy the times we all hang out together. Once again, great job to all the mods for making this an awesome forum. Andrew

i applaud you, and apologize for MY comments in that thread - it takes a lot to get me worked up too, but that one did it! maybe that's why i don't go into PR&C over on CF EVER the nice thing about this board is that it's not overrun with idiots - maybe because there aren't any in Arizona? :leaving keep up the good work :thumbs

the nice thing about this board is that it's not overrun with idiots - maybe because there aren't any in Arizona? :leaving

:smilelol:smilelol

I too applaude Dwayne and Phil for the job they've done not only keeping this board alive when it could have died with the loss of our Founding Father but also the improvements that have been made.

I have talked to some of the folks directly involved in "the" thread and apologized for what I thought was a rather innocent commentary. I can assure you I'll go over to CF PR&C if I ever have the urge to go down that road again. :yesnod

Here's to one of, if not the best forum on the net :cheers

I just want to thank everyone for understanding why the action was taken on the 2 threads that were removed. We have discussed what needed to be discussed, and removed what needed to be removed. Remember that this forums main purpose is for Corvettes, please enjoy it and continue to come back.

Hope to see everyone soon at an upcoming event. I can not beleive that we have 3 events going happening on Saturday. :clap Very C :cool:cool L.

Phil...Posted Image

• 2 years later...

I'd also like to point out the political support in a few members avatars and signatures *cough Eddie cough*. If he can have these things then I will participate and supporters of the other side won't like that...

?Eddie's avatar changed a few days ago, the previous one "MILF" was more humorous than political.

I'd also like to point out the political support in a few members avatars and signatures *cough Eddie cough*. If he can have these things then I will participate and supporters of the other side won't like that...

Drew, I respect that position but I believe an avatar is similar to putting a bumper sticker on your car. I'm not arguing politics by posting up an avatar. Do you yell obscenities or flip off drivers who have a bumper sticker that is opposed to your views? If we're not mature enough here to understand there are differing political opinions and respect those then we have a major problem. I think we (society) has gone overboard on being PC and when someone limits our ability to have a calm, rational, civil discussion about politics then we are no better than Nazi Germany or Cold War Russia. BTW, you will note I removed my avatar yesterday and not because of this. I just found a pic I liked better. As it gets closer to election time I may change it back.

so..... would I be in violation if I voiced my support for Dave Hill for president? Its not republican or democratic, its the fiberglasstarian party!

Drew, I respect that position but I believe an avatar is similar to putting a bumper sticker on your car. I'm not arguing politics by posting up an avatar. Do you yell obscenities or flip off drivers who have a bumper sticker that is opposed to your views? If we're not mature enough here to understand there are differing political opinions and respect those then we have a major problem. I think we (society) has gone overboard on being PC and when someone limits our ability to have a calm, rational, civil discussion about politics then we are no better than Nazi Germany or Cold War Russia. BTW, you will note I removed my avatar yesterday and not because of this. I just found a pic I liked better. As it gets closer to election time I may change it back.
Just remember that my bumper sticker may offend you. I don't want any favoritism... :cfdeadagain

Phill's Vette

Phil & Dwayne For President! :rockon2:

As always, you guys do an excellent job in keeping this forum running smooth!

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I can't know how to navigate this new internet yet, actually, when the bugs are dead this will be quite nice. Good job men!

I agree with Eddie that an Avatar is just like a bumper sticker. I just changed mine to the same I have used in the national forum without any problems. I hope it does not violate ACE rules. I'll change it back if it does.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Dammit Andrew, shouldnt you be drinking??? Actually as Ted takes over its probably a good idea for this to be revived, the same still holds true, ACE does NOT delete stuff, it gets moved to the boneyard just Incase there is ever a reason we need to review something that was posted... ACE is still the greatest Corvette Enthusiasts forum around, please enjoy it and remember we wouldn't be great if it wasn't for all of you...:clap:

• 2 months later...

Dammit Andrew, shouldnt you be drinking???

Actually as Ted takes over its probably a good idea for this to be revived, the same still holds true, ACE does NOT delete stuff, it gets moved to the boneyard just Incase there is ever a reason we need to review something that was posted...

ACE is still the greatest Corvette Enthusiasts forum around, please enjoy it and remember we wouldn't be great if it wasn't for all of you...:clap:

Dawg for president!

Doe!