Captain Phillips

Azmotorhead

Pretty decent movie. I'm sure the story was embellished a little for the sake of Hollywood.

But none the less it told the story.

Hanks did a great job! With the emotion he displays at the end you'd have thought he was actually there.

Highly recommend this one.

• 4 weeks later...

liked the movie. You have to admire the abilities of the U.S. Armed forces sniper teams. Shots fired from the fantail of a ship on the open waters. Incrediable dedication and effort.

• 2 months later...

Bought the blu-ray yesterday......solid movie.

Where does Hollywood go to get actors to look and play the part of Somolia pirates ?

Didja know that one of teh SeALs that were on teh team that took down Osama was also in on this one?

I guess that I'm the only one who didn't care for this one. No specific reason Just found myself not feeling entertained when it was over.

Where does Hollywood go to get actors to look and play the part of Somolia pirates ?

Barkhad Abdi, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barkhad_Abdi

Thought he did a great job. Saw an interview with Hanks, he said he never saw or met this guy until they actually filmed the scene, where he breached the ship. The director wanted the element of surprise on Hanks face when he actually saw the pirate.

• 3 months later...
Guest badbobs95

So realistic! But then all of Hollywood's movies look real today. The skinny guy was fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched part of this at work last night. Might have to rent it and watch the rest, looked pretty good.

• 7 months later...

Bought the blu-ray yesterday......solid movie.

Somalia LOL

NSF