New Software update

Desertdawg

I have been getting annoyed with Firefox lately but it seems it has to be one of my add-on's causing the thing to be a pain. I was just thinking about going back to Opera last night. Good to know its probably still as buggy as I remember.

Nah, Opera works fine, it's IE that sucks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• C4orce2

• Cross

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to live on IE (worklaptop) and while it seems to pause some it still seems to work decent.

I don't have a desktop with 4 or 5 different browsers to test the forum on anymore so details help.

And the server is running good but it seems to get pounded during the day, I'll find some time to add some of the guest IP's to the ban list again, it's the china, india and russian IP's that hit us hard!

Teh IE I'm using at work is on a slave terminal, with teh main CPU at our warehouse, and I'm sure that it's loaded full of anti-virus, ad-blockers and an utter lack of any Shockwave or like enhancements, after all, it's supposed to be a work-only computer.... :hehehe:

in IE

goto tools, internet options, connections tab, LAN settings button...

,make sure the " Proxy Server" box is unchecked....

And again today.......

Bruteforce Attack on WordPress Published: Thursday, April 25th, 2013

We are experiencing a large scale bruteforce attack on WordPress sites on several shared servers and have to temporarily block access to wp-login.php pages for all sites on the affected servers until the attack subsides.

Maybe we need to have Tom and his silent flyers drop a little something at those IP locations????? #justsayin

they need to go after the hackers for this problem, not the foriegners

Marco, are you ever going to get rid of that 8meg sig thing? :lol

call me

Maybe we need to have Tom and his silent flyers drop a little something at those IP locations????? #justsayin

:what::thumbs

Woo Hoo !!!

go to

templates/CSS - Globaltemplates/userinfopane

and type in

<span class='group_title'>{$this->lang->words['m_joined']}</span> <span class='post_count desc lighter'>{parse date=$author['joined]" format="joined"}</span>

And we have the "Joined Date" displayed under your avatar again :bounce017:

Ok, I must be stupid or something. I can't seem to find this place what so ever. Please do a walk through with me step by step as my brain is farting major....... :at wits end::nerd:

Woo Hoo !!!

go to

templates/CSS - Globaltemplates/userinfopane

and type in

<span class='group_title'>{$this->lang->words['m_joined']}</span> <span class='post_count desc lighter'>{parse date=$author['joined]" format="joined"}</span>

And we have the "Joined Date" displayed under your avatar again :bounce017:

Ok, I must be stupid or something. I can't seem to find this place what so ever. Please do a walk through with me step by step as my brain is farting major....... :at wits end::nerd:

Don't feel bad Mark. At post #39 Dawg tried to explain to me how I can get a pic from my photobucket and use it as part of my signature. No matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get it to work, so I just gave up. Maybe they speak a different language in Gila Bendover; that could be the problem!!

Mark, what I added in the code was the missing "join date" it now appears below your avatar.

I was just showing off a little....

Picture linking......simplified !!!

This is the link photobucket now gives you

{URL=http//s1213.photobucket,com/user/c4orce2/media/0723111320a_01.jpg.html]http//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg[/img}

There are image and URL tags in there. I can't type out the real tag because then the forum will try to display an image or link (URL) so just realize that when I say tags it is the letters between the brackets. [. ]

Your goal is to keep just the image tags and what's between them.

Start at the end .. erase just the url tag ....you will then end with an image tag

Then in the middle look where it has .....html] [img.... Erase everything in front of the image tag

So you will just keep this part...

http//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg{/img]

Got it....?

Mark, what I added in the code was the missing "join date" it now appears below your avatar.

I was just showing off a little....

Picture linking......simplified !!!

This is the link photobucket now gives you

{URL=http//s1213.photobucket,com/user/c4orce2/media/0723111320a_01.jpg.html]%7Boption%7Dhttp//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg[/img}

There are image and URL tags in there. I can't type out the real tag because then the forum will try to display an image or link (URL) so just realize that when I say tags it is the letters between the brackets. [. ]

Your goal is to keep just the image tags and what's between them.

Start at the end .. erase just the url tag ....you will then end with an image tag

Then in the middle look where it has .....html] [img.... Erase everything in front of the image tag

So you will just keep this part...

%7Boption%7Dhttp//i1213.photobu...3111320a_01,jpg{/img]

Got it....?

Dawg, that is exactly what I do each time and when I tell it to save the changes it never deletes the old pic and put in the new, it just says "OOPs there is a problem". What the hell am I doing wrong?

Dawg, maybe you can just help me since I'm apparently unable to do it myself. I'd like to replace my current signature pic with the following one. Thanks!

post-1178-0-80007700-1366984746_thumb.jp

Got it. I will play with it later when I have a little more time to play.

Looks like its preparing to take another dump. It's in and out, slow, won't load, you name it. We must be on the hackers are us hot list!

• 4 months later...

Thanks, but you missed all the fun times bitching at me about all the problems :lol

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about Dawg. ;) Turned out great - I really like it.