New Software update

Desertdawg

We are now on version 3.4.4 and everything is new and different.

Please use this thread to discuss the changes, post your issues or complain about how it isn't the old style... :lol

If you don't tell me about the problems you find, I can't fix them!!!!

Also I will be looking for input to change colors or layout as I figure this monster out!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• C4orce2

• Cross

• Shifty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We shoud be more mobile friendly, will you guys please post your opinions about it after you give it a try on your mobile device!

I'm not diggin' it. :(

I'll look at it on the mobile later. But this just looks horrid.

Just noticed...no more tag lines??? Never mind...just saw them.

Also, my avatar is not visible...don't know if that's due to school software blocking or not, but it never was before...only certain ones, not all.

I'm OK with the new layout. Do we all need to re-upload avatars etc? Do I need to go search for the most offensive image I can find this side of the rules?

Like everything else that is new, it will just take some time getting used to it. Thanks for your hard work!

Ghey! :down: Smilies are way too small when you view them. Is there a way to view them in a larger format?

:Orange:

On my screen they are the same size as before... using IE5 on a laptop.

Please post what system and browser your using if your asking about a problem

I haz a hunch that the forum, as in life, is destined for change whether we likes it or not, take a deep breath all, we will survive. All the same buttons seem to be in place, they might just be in a different location on your viewing page. Take a few minutes and look around a bit

We are running very clean on the server now, I don't see any errors so please let me know here if you find one.

The look is probably here to stay, re-skinning to look old appears to be a major crap pot with error pages popping up at random, like Jim said look around and have fun now that it isn't acting like crap!

I'm looking into the avatar problem, checking the placement andv permissions on those folders...

I just added a new avatar to get past that... The smilies look the same size to me as well, I'm on WINXP using Chrome. I think Buc is referring to the "selection pane" for teh smilies. They are kinda small there...

Ok, I see the smilie thing now, I'm so used to just typing out the code for them now I didn't even think to look at it :lol

I'll see if there is anything I can do to either enlarge that pane or display them the old way.

If it helps for now you can click "Show All" it opens a list of the in normal size.

Is there a way to jump to other sections, once we are viewing a certain thread.

Looks like we have to use the Back to (whatever section your in) button to get to the top of the section your currently viewing,

then hit Forums again, once the Back button re-directs?

Right now all I see is on the ver bottom left, you can click on any of the 3 words to be taken back to either

this section, (help & feedback)

this forum (General)

Or the whole forum (Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts Forums)

or on the top right there is a very small emblem next to "view new content" that will popup a forum section list.

Also note the little arrow center bottom is the "go to top" link.

There is no "back to the top" button at the bottom of the threads.

When looking at "new content", some threads I have previously posted in give the message "go to the first unread post." However, others come up with "you posted in this topic" and gives no option to going to the first unread post, but puts me into the thread at the first post. I don't see what makes the difference in which option comes up, because in both cases, the posts I made were early this morning, before my current log-in session.

The little smilies suck, and when I opened the "show all" the screen froze. I finally had to close my browser and log back in.

The 'remember me' option on the login screen appears to not work.

Where the heck is my Avatar and profile photo?

I'm using Google Chrome at the moment. . .

JLs Mistress

After my first post the photo is back but avatar is still missing ?

:Orange:

On my screen they are the same size as before... using IE5 on a laptop.

Please post what system and browser your using if your asking about a problem

Win7 - IE9 When you sort through the smilies, there are lots of dupes sucking up space. Just FYI

Donna may have eluded to this, but... In the old version when you clicked on a thread, it took you to the newest post you hadn't read in that thread. Now, it just opens the thread.

To be taken to the first unread post, click the little star on the left of the thread title, on my screen it's black and I'll look into changing it color later.

The avatar folders seem to be there but some of the links are FUBAR, Please take the time to try reuploading your avatar's, the photo or sig pictures seem to be sorting themselves out as each person views it....

Donna.... To The Top Button... It's the little arrow pointing up in the center on the very bottom!Posted Image

To be taken to the first unread post, click the little star on the left of the thread title, on my screen it's black and I'll look into changing it color later.

^^^ on my screen there is no little star displayed on the left of the thread title. There is just a folder, and hovering over it provides one of the two messages previously described. . .

Donna.... To The Top Button... It's the little arrow pointing up in the center on the very bottom!Posted Image

^^^ thanks!

When looking at "new content", some threads I have previously posted in give the message "go to the first unread post." However, others come up with "you posted in this topic" and gives no option to going to the first unread post, but puts me into the thread at the first post.

If you click the "go to first unread post" it should do just that, take you to the last spot you read with new replies below.

"you posted in this topic" is there since you previously posted or subscribed to that thread, there will be no goto first unread because you have already read it and there have been no new replies since then.....

There are plenty of options to play with in that "view new content page" look at the choices in the left panel...