Car Show for Children's Cancer July Time Frame

Cross

Mark me down for sure bro. Its always good to help those in need. Thats what its all about. CROSS find out he's t-shirt size I would like to make him an ACE t-shirt so he can see he's not alone. I will also have some cool Corvette surprises so u can raffle.

Umm T-5 crap she just told me and I forgot he is the same size as my son, and 6 years old. He would love the T-Shirt he is very very excited.

As a husband of a Seven Year Survivor I am so down!

Someway, somehow I'm there!

and I will donate a Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals "On the Field" jersey

for the raffle! Great cause near and dear to our hearts!

Posted ImageSTAY FAST, MY FRIEND.JPG

I MAY be able to use a pickup truck and transport the top & bra "south" - is there a way that someone could meet me halfway, or something like that??

I wanted to touch base with you guys on this, will you be bringing this down I assume or do I need to arrange to get some time to come up to Phoenix and gather the dontations everyone here has been so kind to donate?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Grape Ape

• C4orce2

• NDAGRUV

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No need to come to Phoenix. I have a truck and can deliver whatever needs to be done. It has a cover also. Needs some work as the sides flap around since the velcro decided to quit working but still able to cover things. I am going to put some snaps on it and see if that will work for a while. I can make a trip on a Wednesday through Friday before the show. Doesn't look like I will be able to make the show so this will be my way of contributing if needed. My wife is also a survivor of the dreaded breast cancer and I really wanted to attend. Still might be able to but it's not looking good.

GREAT!!!!

I have to run to LA for a few days and then I should be somewhat available.

Is there a time of day that works best for you? How about a specific day of the week - does that make any difference for you?

I'm sure glad that these items will be able to be turned into money to help cancer survivors or their families!

My SWEET Mother In Law sucumbed to Ovarian Cancer - what a great loss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curt

I can promise you this little boy is going to be very happy because of the community and help we have here, you guys rock.

MRHUSKER;

If you have the transport capabilities to take the donated items to the Tucson cancer drive, I'd like to coordinate with you on the transport of the C5 Clear Top & the C5 Nose Bra that I have to donate. May we just coordinate it via this site or should we phone each other?

THANK YOU in advance for making this all come together so well!!

This site would be fine if you just want to pm me. Or we can work through phones too. My number is four eight 0-540-one three 46. I work nights and sleep during the days when I am at work. I have Wednesday through Fridays off so anytime during those days will work to get something done. I live on the far east side of town so we can work something out if you live on the other side of the globe.

Anyone else have anything they want taken to Tucson soon?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't imagine what a happy occassion this is going to be - CAN'T WAIT!!!!

PS: I'm on the road in Nor. Cal, visiting family, so I'll get together with you re: getting the C5 Top & Bra to you when I return in about ten days.

HI: 83 LO: 46 Nice weather here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will have some Corvette goodies also, I've been doing some Corvette & ACE goodies for the Donation!! things u won't find any where else so it should be cool for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on making the trip south next Thursday so if anyone has anything they need delivered let me know soon. Need everything in hand by next Wednesday evening if possible. If I don't get anything you will be on your own and have to take it when you go to the show. Just sayin' cause nobody has let me know they have anything. Next Thursday is pretty much the only day I will have free before the show date.

Okay, so nobody has responded with any items they want taken to the show. So I am not going to be heading down there this week or next. If you have anything you will just have to take it yourself day of show or arrange something else. I will still try to make it to the show though. Should be a great time. On a side not, is there anyway to preregister for this show or is it a day of thing?

Umm to be honest I never thought of it... Sorry guess I dropped the ball there. I have a list of those who said they were going on the Facebook page just by those who responded they were but thats really it.

mrhusker;

I hope that you will accept my apology at not responding to your posting re: your carrying donated items to Tucson for the Cancer event.

I have been involved in a business transaction that has consumed my focus, but that is no excuse for my not responding.

I was under the impression that "we" all needed to let you know early in the week for your departure on Thursday.

I have (as earlier noted) a factory Corvette C5 "clear top", as well as a brand new "front bra" for a C5.

If you are not going this week (or next), is there any one else that will be?

I would, but I am currently tied up with two transactions that require my presence here.

CROSS; what is the "latest date" that items may be received by you in time for the Cancer Auction?

If nothing else, I can have the items Fed-Ex'd to you. (need physical address).

The most important thing is that we who have commited our "items", "services", etc. DO NOT let these commitments die in the dust!!!!!

We have commited our (fill in the blank), and have the privelige of assisting others who will appreciate what small steps we take!

To me, it is a matter of HONORING ONE'S COMMITMENT, and that borders on SACRED, to me.

Once again, I APOLOGIZE for getting caught up in life and not responding sooner.

Not a problem Curt. I just thought with the 4th coming up I would try to get this done that morning. I am sorry myself that I won't be able to do this. I already made plans to be with the kids on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. If someone else is willing to take this day of show then you shouldn't have ship. I am getting caught up in life too and I won't be able to honor my commitment.

Does that mean the Grape ape will not be coming?

And the items can come day of show I would like sooner but its fine either way! I am just trying to work everything out and find the little man a power wheels, and the time to put it together...

Just spoke with Greg Featherston from Med-Trans and he has offered to give Moses a ride in the Helicopter! Talk about a day he will not forget we all have a lot in store for this little boy but a ride in a Helicopter he is going to have a blast!
Thanks so much to Med-Trans, Greg Featherston and Martin Arkus!!

I'm a 50/50 on the show. So I can't "COMMIT" to taking anything down day of show. If Curt still wants me to bring his stuff down this week I can. He is the only one that has anything anyway. I spoke with the family and they will understand if I give up a few hours with them and get this done. Just can't wait til the day of travel to get his things. I gave my number, which was posted in this thread on June 4th, and never got a call or even a pm saying anything like maybe "Hey I haven't forgotten about you. I will let you know." I can't put my life on hold waiting for someone to commit to a time and place either. I have a life as well.

mrhusker;

To me, family is the most important thing we have, and the cherishing of these times together is the fabric that makes life worth living.

Please forgive me if I have said anything innappropriate, as that was most certainly NOT my intent.

I look back with much pleasure at the times spent with family and wish I could re-live them again. My family is all gone now, but I have tremendous memories! Please make ALL the memories you can while time allows!!!!!

Althoigh I am somewhat proficient on the computer, I do not understand what "PM" means. Sorry.

Have a GREAT 4th!!!

Cross;

Is there someway I can obtain an address to ship these items to? I will not be able to physically attend the event unless many things change.

I apologize as well for maybe coming across a little short. Just for future reference a PM is called personal messenger. If you click on your name it will bring up a list of names you can click on. One of them at the bottom is the personal messenger. We use it to talk to each other when the regular forum doesn't need to see or want to see the information we want to share between a couple people. Hope to see you around some time. I don't get to play much since I work most weekends but I take a day off here and there.. Have a great 4th too and sorry for all the confusion.

Guest badbobs95

OK, this is silly. I can fit your stuff in my car and bring it down on the day of the show. Call me and give me your address and I'll come over and pick them up unless you are headed to Mesa any time soon. I don't hide my phone # or email. It's easy to click on "SPAM"

602-5706416

bobcombs500@yahoo.com

I'm going to SPAM bob now with pictures of SPAM.... :spam

But in all seriousness thank you Bob! Let me know if you still need my address or if this arrangement with Bob works best. Thanks Guys!

Just spoke with Bob (great guy!!), and he's going to pick up the top & bra and bring them to the Tucson Cancer event for me.I can't tell you how much this means to me! I have been having "breathing issues" with the dust, smoke & pollen, so this takes a big load off my mind.I would very much like to be at the event!!! I will do my best to be there, and now Bob has insured that the donated articles will make it no matter what. I hope they generate some good $$ for the family.It would be such a blessing to see the hope and pleasure on that young man's face and have the family "put in the bank" some GREAT MEMORIES with him!!!!My thanks to you, Cross, and to mrhusker as well!!

Guest badbobs95

One last thing, if anyone here has something they want to donate for the auction and they don't plan on driving down, post up and one of us will haul it down assuming it is small enough to fit in a Corvette. Robert, Andrew, and I are going for sure. Anyone else going? :cheer:

:bananaparty::bananaparty:

I'm still planning on going but my C4 has no room to carry anything. If you all remember, C4s convertibles were built for hauling women, not built for transporting large items. Since we are coming from different parts of the valley, maybe we can all meet at the rest stop between Phx and Casa Grande. If that works Bob, let us know what time we should try and meet there.