Thursday night car meet at Freddy's

shua1269

Hey my fellow Tucson 'Vette owners. I have been going out to the car meet out at Freddy's Steak Burgers on Orange Grove and Thornydale the last few weeks and haven't seen many Vettes. They do this meet every Thursday evening. With the weather getting nicer at night, the cars are really starting to come out. It's open to all cars from old to new. My Black 74 shows her face every week I can, I would just like to have more Corvettes there if y'all can swing it, Come by!

post-2285-018669100 1364231847.jpg

People start getting there around 430 or 5 most people go after work. Most stay til about 9 or 10 pm. It's just cool to hang around and talk about cars til you get bored and wanna go home. Plus it's free!

It's a pretty good drive for me, and I don't get off work until 5, so it would be a race for me, but maybe someday....

I'll be their this Thursday unless something comes up. Went once before, it was a pretty good showing.

It's a pretty good drive for me, and I don't get off work until 5, so it would be a race for me, but maybe someday....

I live at broadway and pantano, it is a drive for me and I get off work at 5 as well. Hopefully you can come out. The more, the merrier!

I live at broadway and pantano, it is a drive for me and I get off work at 5 as well. Hopefully you can come out. The more, the merrier!

Rita Ranch for me...:banghead

Oh then it's all freeway! I have to go through town... not the greatest commute, but it's a pretty good way to spend a Thursday evening.

With teh current battlefield conditions, I have no interest in driving through town....hell, I just rebuilt teh entire front-end on my DD last year, now I need to do it again this year....:facepalm:

With teh current battlefield conditions, I have no interest in driving through town....hell, I just rebuilt teh entire front-end on my DD last year, now I need to do it again this year....:facepalm:

Ouch... Well I understand! Just tryin to get some more vettes out there. last week out of 80 something cars there were 4 Vettes.

Very nice C3 stinger there man ..... we've got a trip planned down your way some time next month .... we'll see if we can't make that how and hook up with some Tucson folk !!!! Posted Image

You really should make a trip up to God's country for a Saturday lunch or somthin .... would be great to compare C3 notes ..... since most here are C5 & C6 guys ... we pretty much gotta handle on those .... and the C4s are just the "throw away" series ..... maybe we can get some respect around here !!! Posted ImagePosted Image

I have been out a time or two, its not bad I enjoyed it. Right next to Firehouse subs. Maybe we will come out it depends.

• 6 months later...

Saw your 13' GS, looked great! Didn't see anyone by it to come introduce myself to though. You going this Thursday?

Saw your 13' GS, looked great! Didn't see anyone by it to come introduce myself to though. You going this Thursday?

We should be there, about 5:30 or so, try to park in the same area.. We might have been strolling. I would say look for the old white haired/bearded guy, but there are too many there!

As long as it doesn't rain tonight I'm planning on being there. I'll be bringing the '41 Chevy I'm trying to sell instead of my 'vette, but that should make me easier to find. Please come say hi!

• 6 months later...
Marana Rich

Went to Freddy's last night. I arrived just before 5, so we can go get a burger before the crowd hits. The parking lot has been pretty much filled the last couple of weeks, with a small showing of corvettes. My GS, A yeller C6 Z06, a black 79, a blue 66 vert, a white c5 vert, and a yeller C5.

Lots of other types, hotrods, custom jobs, etc. Always meeting new folks and checking out the cars.

We usually park in the first or second row as close to the light pole as possible. Last night there were about 30 cars there when I got there.

As an incentive, Freddy's passes out a coupon for a free custard! The hotter it gets, the better these things taste.

See you next Thursday

• 3 weeks later...

Finally made it to this last night. It was fun!

Very low key, lots of interesting cars. Most of the people I met were very friendly. Didn't manage to bump into any ACE members, though.

I'll definitely be attending again. Thanks for reviving this thread YumaRich!