web store

Desertdawg

I get an email from these guys about twice a year, they offer a web store that would allow each member to purchase separately at no cost to ACE.

They now offer event registration for planners like Mike so all of his events can be better organized, and a classified section too.

I know me and Dave talked about doing this same thing but I don't know when we'll get around to it, hopefully he will chime in and offer his opinoin too...

pros:

Lots of different products

Looks like decent prices

No hassle to us getting stuff made

ACE will still recieve a small percentage from each sale to cover our costs

cons:

I don't think we will have much control over costs of products

Someone else will be profiting from us

Not local for customer support after the sale

So look the pages over and post your thoughts.

Sample web store

Sample events and classifieds

Just to throw out an alternative. FastGlass Corvette Club uses a company by the name of Proud Owner Design (they are local in San Tan Valley)

Here is a link to FGCC Store on their website FGCC Store

We have the shopping cart up and running and Bill has the T-Shirt printer all dialed in. We'd be happy to do it, but its your guys' call.

We have the added benefit of a huge stock of made in the USA T-Shirts ( was not easy to source ). That's something that is very important to me. I'm not sure how others feel about it.

I'd say no to the non-local. I'd say maybe to LPM. We're just not about selling merchandise. If it's purely for convenience then I suppose it's ok.

I think keeping it local and using the LPM site is fine, It would be nice to add a few other items to order from but we (the members) also have to commit to buying this stuff. I've offered to cover our cost on his site but so far Dave has footed the bill. When we start asking for different things like hats and decals we need to show him it won't just be money out of his pocket by actually ordering this stuff. The appeal to this other site or even the FGCC site is lot's of items at no initial cost to anyone here. Can we keep enough commerece going with ACE products to make it worthwhile to Dave to put the time into suppling more stuff???

For anyone that didn't know, Here is the LPM store (((clicky)))

There is only 2 ACE items there now on page 2, but they will make just about anything we want...

I'm in for a shirt every now and then, but I don't think we'd provide Dave with very much volume. I kind of like the half assed way we do it now.

I'm in for a shirt every now and then, but I don't think we'd provide Dave with very much volume. I kind of like the half assed way we do it now.

I agree that the way we do it now probably serves us and Dave well. I think if Dave offers one or two basic shirts all the time and then special custom shirts for special events that would be sufficient.

I personally have two or three regular ACE shirts and a BBQ shirt. I'm thinking maybe next year we'll do a fifth annual Father's Day Cruise shirt that you have to participate to get.

That's sort of the beauty of the machine we have. It is perfect for short run, or even one off type orders. If we do any kind of quantity we send them out to a silk screener.

Any thing that I would have done would go thru Dave and like Cale said "I like the half assed way we do it now". I still would rather spend money to help the local vendors, just my .02

wickedfastvette

Any thing that I would have done would go thru Dave and like Cale said "I like the half assed way we do it now". I still would rather spend money to help the local vendors, just my .02

:withstupid

Double Ditto

keep ACE money (what little volume there is) local.

Dave and LPM has been very generous in the past. I have no problem with him taking a few % points off the top.

my 2 cts

Whatever is decided, I have $100+ from shirt sales I've made sitting in my bedroom. Let me know when ya need it. I think the half-assed way is fine until we need something "special" plus we don't have a designated place to get them out to people.

Would there be any advertising on this site for the outsourced (Man I HATE that word) site? They seem to have additonal advertising. I say keep it local and support a member. Ok, my bad.....sorry. :facepalm:

..... I need 2 Purple shorts ...... and 1 XL....

Shorts ?? XL ???? Quit dreaming!

I deleted the email, now if we could get some cool stickers :banghead

OK guys.. let's be organized about this so nobody drops a ball (especially me). If you want us to handle this we will do it. It seems the concensus thus far is that we do. Somebody give me the green light and I'll get working on the site. In the meantime, please do not put requests in this thread. When the cart is updated, I will post here and you can order them there. :thankyou: Dwayne, plz call me so we can discuss details. I have a hell of a morning ahead of me but will be available late afternoon.

Did I mention LPM *rocks* ?? When yer ready ima need some ACE tents .. er .. 4XL stuff. 3XL just doesn't cut it anymore .. honey, hand me that bag-o-M&M's mk thx! -Frank (Santa's got nuthin on me)

Hey Mark,

Will this work?

Posted Image

:smilelol

These are what I train legs in. :banannadance: They can "ride up" at times though. :silly:

Hey Mark,

Will this work?

Posted Image

OMG!! Now that's funny! NICE! :smilelol :smilelol

Hey Mark,

Will this work?

Posted Image

OMG!! Now that's funny! NICE! :smilelol :smilelol

:agree:smilelol:smilelol