Teh New Section

Desertdawg

There has been some comments and discussions about trying to get the C1 thru C4 Corvettes more involved, one suggestion has always been a dedicated section for discussions about parts, repairs, and gatherings. So here it is. Although I would still prefer to have events posted in the general events section, I don't have a problem linking them here. Please try to keep the topics posted here about the classics. (C5 & C6 stay out) :lol Now is the time to get all classic owners involved, I would reaaly like to see this section take hold and keep it interesting for all owners to get involved....Hell I might be back in a C3 some day too. Questions, comments, suggestions for this section? Please post them here in this thread.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bromley's Corvettes

• C4orce2

• Bigfoot

There has been some comments and discussions about trying to get the C1 thru C4 Corvettes more involved, one suggestion has always been a dedicated section for discussions about parts, repairs, and gatherings. So here it is.

Although I would still prefer to have events posted in the general events section, I don't have a problem linking them here.

Please try to keep the topics posted here about the classics. (C5 & C6 stay out) :lol

Now is the time to get all classic owners involved, I would reaaly like to see this section take hold and keep it interesting for all owners to get involved....Hell I might be back in a C3 some day too.

Questions, comments, suggestions for this section? Please post them here in this thread.

Dawg, I think its a great idea. If you want to get the section going, please feel free to move three of my threads there. Those threads would be: "C4 conversion to LS3 Hot Cam" now of page 5 of the tech section; "final numbers on C4orce2" also on page 5 of the tech section; and the new thread I started today "Update on C4orce2 and Project C4orce". You might want to move other threads that only apply to the classics from the tech section to this new section as well. Just an idea.

I bet there are a few hundred threads I can move here, I'll see what I can do.

What's "classic" about a C4 or even C3 for that matter? :lol

Shut up Sean, and get out of here ... :lol

The newest C3 is now 29 years old.

The newest C4 is 15.

But when you look at the count still cruising, or posting it's small compared to the C5/C6 crowd.

Did you see what I told Sean above? That applies to you to Mike... :lol

Did you see what I told Sean above? That applies to you to Mike... :lol

Then you too orangeboy.

I keep clicking on Peters threads to move them here, is his a classic yet????

Nothing wrong with having a your grandfathers corvette section! Even the slow ones need a home!

Hey easy there now. If it wasn't for us old guys always wanting faster stuff, you kids would all think a Prius was a rocket. :smilelol

Are there actually any others out there with MidYears (C2)? I'm hoping to be about a month away from finally driving mine after a 3 1/2 year restofication. I'm really excited to have this new section... :banannarainbow: P.S. I cannot figure out how to get pics from photobucket into a post here, as my Mac won't allow two internet things to be open at the same time...is there anyone out there who has mastered this?

Are there actually any others out there with MidYears (C2)? I'm hoping to be about a month away from finally driving mine after a 3 1/2 year restofication. I'm really excited to have this new section... :banannarainbow:

Hey Dave! I've been waiting to see your C2 since we bs'd about which "maroon" you wanted to paint it! :smilelol I hope you've taken lots of pictures during the build and will post your own thread of the whole project. It's been a helluva ordeal for you, but that vette will be worth it! :bang

How's the C5 runnin?

-Dean

Yippy! A C3-C4 section. :partygrnhat: But now I'll have to wait for a CF section... :facepalm::smilelol

Are there actually any others out there with MidYears (C2)? I'm hoping to be about a month away from finally driving mine after a 3 1/2 year restofication. I'm really excited to have this new section... :banannarainbow:

Hey Dave! I've been waiting to see your C2 since we bs'd about which "maroon" you wanted to paint it! :smilelol I hope you've taken lots of pictures during the build and will post your own thread of the whole project. It's been a helluva ordeal for you, but that vette will be worth it! :bang

How's the C5 runnin?

-Dean

Hey Dean, long time...

As soon as I figure out how to get pics on here, I'll post up a bunch. The C5's hang'n in there as the daily driver, you know, starting to show the use a bit. I'm planning on going to the detail thing in a couple weeks to get some info on how to keep her better looking from the 'perts on pretty'. Take care.

Dave

Dave, I think you use photobucket, right? Copy the image links from your photobucket account pictures into the text of your posts here. The links should look like [img} htpp://www.blahblahEdisgay.jpg [/img} in the text of your post, and the pix should appear when you hit reply. You can also attach photos straight from your 'puter as well by using the Choose File/Attach This File tabs directly below while your posting. :thumbs

• 1 year later...

There has been some comments and discussions about trying to get the C1 thru C4 Corvettes more involved, one suggestion has always been a dedicated section for discussions about parts, repairs, and gatherings. So here it is.

Although I would still prefer to have events posted in the general events section, I don't have a problem linking them here.

Please try to keep the topics posted here about the classics. (C5 & C6 stay out) :lol

Now is the time to get all classic owners involved, I would reaaly like to see this section take hold and keep it interesting for all owners to get involved....Hell I might be back in a C3 some day too.

Questions, comments, suggestions for this section? Please post them here in this thread.

With the move to C7 I think its safe to move the C5 to the classics section as well

I agree with Bigfoot. I think we should keep the Classics section just for the REAL vettes. :smilelol

Bromley's Corvettes

It would be cool to have a C-3 section. Everything about C-3s. Dont really think C-4s are classics. I think there are a lot of C-3 owners on ace that dont post because the site has so much C-5 and 6 info all the time. It makes it look like threes not much interest in classics. More pix and talk about C-3s would help. If there was only someone on ace that works on C-3s all the time that could help lol. If there was a easy way to post lots of pix I would post all the time. I have even offered to pay to make ace easy to post pix on.