How did you hear about ACE and/or this Forum?

Eddie44

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest racingchester

Found out about ACE from Ferrel Gale. I had an 84 at the time and thought it did't look good enough to be seen with the group. Ferrel went on the Mingus cruise and said he would have to take his wife on a slower run to keep her happy as it seemed there was some spirited driving (what ever that means.) I sold the 84 and got the 90 and went out to the Pavs and ran across Doc looking for the ACE group and Bryan. He wasn't there that day, but I sure saw a bunch of Vettes. The first run I went on was the swim to Gila Bend and since that time, even tho I haven't been on as many runs as I would like, the group has been great to the old man. Keep up the good work guys and gals. Its a hoot. Chuck

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bigfoot

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I orignally heard about ACE from Dwayne either at the Gila Bend BBQ or while at Firebird I don't remember, it just took me forever to signup... :smilelol

Guest catbert

Scottsdale Jack is a legend - and by legend, I mean old. :rolleyes It was in his garage I discovered my favorite all-time breakfast: Crispy Cremes and Red Stripes - hmmm. The urinal in the wall of the garage was a nice touch for us beer drinkers, and had the added attraction of discouraging spouses from popping in. Those were the greatest Vette get-togethers you could imagine.

I got to thinking this afternoon (as I was putting a business card on a great looking MY C5) that we have grown by leaps and bounds in the last few months. Somehow the word is getting out about this Forum. I wondered how you all heard about it? Just a suggestion that maybe we make this a sticky so we can learn how newbies heard about us.

I first heard about the AZ Vette Enthusiasts on the CF. I took my first cruise in May 03 just days after buying my Vette. The cruise was up over Mingus Mtn to Jerome, Cottonwood, Sedona and on to Flagstaff and then back down I-17 to Phx.

This was all before the Forum was even considered.

Okay, what's your story?

That was our first cruise as well Eddie. Friend my wife worked with in Cottonwood told us about it. Slept over his house the night before the Jerome trip. He has fallen off the face of the earth now.

I'm busy with the second generation of ACE, but can't quit ACE and its atmosphere. Can't wait until Josh is old enought to cruise.

Long live ACE and may God always have a Corvette in your garage (or even 2 or 3 :D )

MCPOWHITE96

Wow, honorable mention from Scottsdale Jack himself for attending corvette saturday all the way from San Diego. Those folks at the Pavillions that one night couldnt understand the moth/mesquito/other stuff encrusted white vette sitting there next to Stans brand new purple paint, but what the hey. The Beer was cold and the company good. Whats a couple hundred miles drive got to do with it. Sadly, the "Ghost" as I called my vette is gone. Replaced by a 1968 Pontiac Tempest custom convertible that is currently in pieces in my garage. Good to see some familiar names. Tim Austin

crzygavacho

Heard about the forum via a link on corvette forum. Hope to be apart of some good times in Arizona with this forum.

Guest Scottsdale Jack

Yeah I guess I'm gettin old. But Social Security does have its benefits, and the WAR DEPARTMENT (the ole' lady) don't expect so much anymore :). But I still dearly miss my Vette. Dearly.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, in all honesty...probably heard about it from the CF Southwest Section. There, I said it!! :cone

• 2 weeks later...

We've got alot of newbies that we haven't heard from on this topic. Come on folks!

anmracing2

I thought this was the MOPAR forum and joined. :P

Actually I heard about ACE from some other forum...

Keith Ayotte was blabering about it and I thought to myself (Not the exact words but close), " Andrew, what the H E double hockey sticks is this guy talking about?" and then I said, " Gee, I don't know, and please don't cus that way. Maybe I should check this ACE forum out..." But then I said, "Naaaah..... I think I'm happy right where I am." and then I said " Are you sure about that???" Long story short, I argued with myself most of the night and of course I won (It's the only time I ever win arguments) and I checked it out and liked what I saw.... Added a couple of photos from Melissa's car at Pavilions and now ACE can't get rid of me.

I'm not too sure how Melissa heard about ACE, I'll have to ask her sometime.... :P Oh yeah, I remember, she saw me checking out the forum and pushed me out of my seat and when I regained conciousness, she said "Get your own login, this one is now mine!!!!". And all I could say was "Ok. But don't hit the back button....." Just kidding darling.... :P

http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=685&hl=

Andrew

I'm not too sure how Melissa heard about ACE, I'll have to ask her sometime.... :P Oh yeah, I remember, she saw me checking out the forum

Andrew

She probably heard you arguing with yourself all night and said if this schmuck doesn't register I'm going to so he shuts the hell up! :lol:lol

• 4 weeks later...

It's been awhile since we heard from anybody on this topic. How about you newbies? Come on, you know who you are. :toetap Anybody admit to getting a business card? Just wondered if the cards are being productive?

It's been awhile since we heard from anybody on this topic. How about you newbies? Come on, you know who you are. :toetap

Anybody admit to getting a business card? Just wondered if the cards are being productive?

No, no business card. Had probs and was looking for a mechanic to help diagnose and someone on another forum suggested asking a local corvette club. I did an :cfdeadagain search and here I am. :D

...and here I'll stay. :devil

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it's been a couple weeks since we heard from any of the newbies. There are a lot of you out there in the last couple days. Come on speak up, how did you hear about ACE? :toetap

Okay, it's been a couple weeks since we heard from any of the newbies. There are a lot of you out there in the last couple days. Come on speak up, how did you hear about ACE? :toetap

Speaking up :bang .......I was invited by Stu aka Madmax to meet the gang at "The Yardhouse".....he emailed me the link but I was too lazy to log into my email to find it, so I used the handy ACE card that Tanya gave me :thumbs .

Ok.....time for another newbie to come forward :lol .

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too sure how Melissa heard about ACE, I'll have to ask her sometime.... :P Oh yeah, I remember, she saw me checking out the forum

Andrew

She probably heard you arguing with yourself all night and said if this schmuck doesn't register I'm going to so he shuts the hell up! :lol:lol

How did you know?!?!?!?!?Posted Image

Andrew

AndrewPosted ImageMelissa

Andrew

How did you know?!?!?!?!?Posted Image

Andrew

AndrewPosted ImageMelissa

the hell?

What you people do behind my back is beyond me!

M~

• 1 month later...

Okay, my guess is it's been at least 100 new members since we last ressurected this topic. Come on newbies! How did you hear about ACE?

• 2 weeks later...
:howdy I discovered this site by running a google search for corvette arizona and it blasted me with links to this site...

I was just telling Phil to try that search the other day.... It was worth it letting google crawl all over the site day and night...

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by the Ablertsons at Warner and Lindsey and talked to Phil for a bit tonight. He gave me a business card and told me about ACE. I have a 2004, Magnetic Red Metallic and have been looking for a good group for a while now. I had Exhausts installed by DUNSHEE'S CORVETTE'S and thought about Sun Country Corvette Club, but they are a bit too far away since I live in Gilbert. Corvette's are in my blood. Dad had 4 of them when I was growing up and I am on #2. Started with a 96, LT4 and will eventually get a new one once they let me use GMS pricing. Randy

• 4 weeks later...

It's all Steve's fault -points at Steve- We both fly the virtual skies of Aces High now an then, I pop into the forums now an then to read up a bit in the 'O'Club' ..been flyin online air combat sims for a long time. Lot of great conventions, outstanding people, and some life-long friends. So I let 'em know when I got a Vette .. and Steve immediately grabbed my virtual arm and dragged me over here :) I finally got into a career field where I can stay at one place as long as I want, work when I want, where I want, job satisfaction is off the scale, pay is good, and schooling ..altho a bit slow to get into at first (there was a 1-year waiting list!) ..once into the field, opportunities are endless. Ima be here awhile :) Ima Nurse .. Licensed Practical Nurse atm . . will be RN in a year or so. I work at the VA here in Phx. Love it. Shuuda done this years ago ;) -Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the "newbies" we have around here lately I think it's time to resurrect this thread. Don't be bashful, step up and let us know how you heard about ACE.