Kicking the soda habit...started using Mio and water

FNBADAZ06

Last year I started kicking the caffiene habit by switching to non-caffienated diet versions of Coke products and nixing the Monster energy drink consumption.

Now, I'm trying to stop the consumption of any soda (regardless of form), or at least cut WAY back, and start drinking more water (which is BORING).

Found this new product called Mio Liquid Water Enhancer which is used to add flavor to water.

D@MN...this stuff is really good !!!! A squirt or two into a 44 oz of water is enough to give the water the flavor I like but you can add or remove the amount you use to suite your own taste.

HIGHLY RECOMMENED to those whose wish to drink water but want a splash of taste added. I keep a bottle of it in my car to use when I eat out as well...the bottle is small at only 1.6 fluid ounces.

I found it at my local Fry's grocery store, but being a new product you might find it difficult to locate initially.

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks interesting. You find it similar to crystal light? How is it priced?

Way better then Crystal Light IMHO, and much easier to use as it's in liquid form. You can add or subtract the amount you add to your water to suite your taste.

I think it was 2.99 at the Fry's as a new product promotional. One 1.6 ounce bottle has lasted me over a month now :thumbs

There's a printable coupon for $1.00 off at Target's.

Target Coupon

I lost 22lbs when I stopped drinking soda :yesnod

I found your missing 22 pounds and you can have it back anytime, 'cause I don't want it. :rolf

I lost 22lbs when I stopped drinking soda :yesnod

I can believe it !!!!

Now, my beer drinking is going to be a whole 'nuther issue :smilelol:facepalm:

I drink all diet soda, and a fair amount of it too, I kicked it a couple years ago, but got really bored of teh vitamin water...this just might be teh answer...

I used to drink ridiculous amounts of soda, never diet. I got a SodaStream and it has helped tremendously. I drink a lot more water now, but when I do want a soda I make some at home. It's cheap, almost the same as normal soda and the non-diet flavors are only about 40 calories per "can" size! I probably drink 1-2 liters of that stuff per week and only 1 real soda once a week. The diet flavors are all 0 calories.. they even have "Red Bull" flavor.

I drink a 12oz coke zero a day, unsweetened tea, and lots of water, no weight loss though. I got cheated... :toetap

I think diet soda gets a bad rap. I drank a ton while prepping for my last show and it had zero affect on my progress. It definitely helped curb my cravings. A lot of people think its bad for you from all the artificial ingredients/sweeteners, but if your going to worry about that you might as well avoid all food/drinks. You have no control on what is put in food. Even if you decide to go as far as growing your own fruits/veggies how do you know theres not chemicals in the dirt. I try not to worry about the little things and focus on the big picture.

Emergen - C is really good. I also drink the VitaRain from Costco.

MiO mixed with water taste very similar to VitaRain, or any of the other similar style water drinks except you can flavor to your liking.

The MiO doesn't have the added vitamin content but is considerably cheaper.

Give it a try and tell me what you think.....I like the taste and simplicity of use a lot :thumbs

I still drink soads...no caffeine ones that is. :lol Been caffeine free since June, probably the best thing I've done in a while.

Be careful with this stuff. The sweetener, acesulfame potassium (aka acesulfame k), is not the safest stuff out there. And if you're trying to lose a few or more pounds, the fake sweeteners found in things like MiO and diet sodas will actually cause you to gain weight. :banghead

Just sayin'.... :cool

Check this link out too!!

I would like to cut down the amout of coke I drink, but I can't!!!! My Cuba Libres would just then be plain rum.

I would like to cut down the amout of coke I drink, but I can't!!!! My Cuba Libres would just then be plain rum.

For your Cuba Libres, I will make an exception as I will never, ever, turn one down at your casa !!!!! :partygrnhat:

For your Cuba Libres, I will make an exception as I will never, ever, turn one down at your casa !!!!! :partygrnhat:

Sounds like we need to plan a get together. :banannarainbow:

:banannarainbow: