ACE Autocross 2011

Desertdawg

Once again I'm renting the pad at Firebird so let's all have fun and cover my azz for footing the bill. :lol

This will not be a competition, we are trying to do a fun day where everyone that goes can learn how to drive their ride and not worry about PAX times or having to work the course.

Firebird safety crew will also provide a safety inspection/tech for us so no one is out there missing lugnuts or with flying batteries.....

Here's your chance to spend the day learning what it means to stick your cheek to the side window in a turn, or get your eyes to almost detach under braking without hitting anything worse than an orange cone if you screw up!

April 16th Firebird lot #4

7:00AM Gates Open

7:15AM Registration and Tech Inspection Open

8:30AM Course closed for walking - Registration and Tech Inspection Closed

8:45AM Driver's Meeting (Required)

9:00AM First car starts

Track Rental cost: $3100.00

I'm going with $70 per driver payable in advance. After the bill is covered anything extra will go to ACE.

Just go to www.paypal.com

check the "Friends and Family" button to avoid the fees.

Our address is paypal@arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net

Please include your forum name too!

PM me if you have a problem using Paypal or any other payment problems.

Everyone will have to sign a waiver at registration!

Helmets are required! (Firebird has no loaners, so if you don't have one get with someone to share)

Convertibles are allowed!

Registration will assign car number and waiver to sign.

Tech inspection will check for loose items, battery secured, all lugnuts on and tight, helmet, seatbelts etc.etc.

REMEMBER, this is a fun autox, we don't have timing equipment so a stopwatch will be used, (unless Arizona Competition Corvettes brings their timing rig)

A couple of volunteers will be needed for registration, tech, timing, recording times. Please help if you can so everyone gets some seat time.

We will run in groups with a small break in the action to transition to the next group, and give workers time to get whatever done, if you can help at all then let us know!

Questions? Comments, suggestions ???

Paid

Updated for the record...

1. Sean B. (BigFoot)

2. David M. (Cactus Dave)

3. "Cale (C6speed)

4. Mike M. (Mikey)

5. Marcus M. (Admyer)

6. Cherye (Wickedfastvette)

7. Valerie (DesertFox)

8. Ryan C. (Norse Pagan)

9. John P. (John Syb)

10. Ryan M. (Meatyshells)

11. Keith S. (Swack)

12. Bob C. (badbobs95)

13. Keith O'Connor (easy_rider)

14. Casey A. (Bad EFX)

15. Jay (fourseventeen)

16. Jack G. (Jack52r)

17. Francy G. Mrs, Jack52r)

18. Jim G. (TheCMSH)

19. Harley H. (417’s friend)

20. Doug M. (AzDoug)

21. Rich (YumaRich) *

22. David B. (Dale68Z)

23. Nathan Welborne (paid by awlittle)

24. Don P. (good in AZ)

25. Robert S. (gstwinturbo)

26. Michael H. (F22trainer)

27. Donna C. (Chameleon)

28. Robert Rose (paid by awlittle)

29. Chuck H. (chuckh75)

30. Chad C. (ChadC) *

31. Victor F. (FNBADAZ06)

32. Joe M. (Joe M)

33. Nice C. (CODESIX)

34. David Fellows

35. Paul Lynch

36. David Lynch

37. Walter B. (AmmoVet)

38. Steve G. (StevieG)

39. Mregor (ROGER) *

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Bigfoot

• wickedfastvette

• fourseventeen

Tits!!! I'll bring water again this year. D, Could we set up a BBQ in the parking area? I'll bring burgers and dogs if someone can get a grill out there (if this sounds good to everyone). Paypal sent!

....without hitting anything worse than an orange cone if you screw up!

Questions?

Fences?

I was going to say the same thing Cherye, Show up Dean or shut up ... :lol Cale, I'll ask!

Yeah I know, I'm trying to talk him into showing up.... Why won't you be there? chicken or slow ?

I work.....slow, admittedly. And I'm chicken to quit. But since I'm not using a sick day for the NCAA tourney like the other a-holes at my job, I might get some payback....

Payment made :thumbs Just realized I forgot to put forum name, but the email it's coming from is ssbeck@...

Payment made :thumbs

Just realized I forgot to put forum name, but the email it's coming from is ssbeck@nambla.org

Fixed it....

Just realized I forgot to put forum name, but the email it's coming from is assbeck@nambla.org

Fixed it....

Fixed it further....

Just realized I forgot to put forum name, but the email it's coming from is assbeck@nambla.org

Fixed it....

Fixed it further....

Ted is winning

Just realized I forgot to put forum name, but the email it's coming from is grumpyassbeck@nambla.org

Fixed it....

Fixed it further....

Fine then.

Just trying to keep this one on topic. I remember the fiasco last time with no shows etc. Dawg flipped over $3,000 for this and we don't need anyone dirtying the thread...it needs to be on topic. I can't afford to help cover anything else that doesn't get paid for and Dawg shouldn't have to either.

I know it's not ideal (size wise), but if push comes to shove I have a gas Hibachi that works off those green Coleman bottles. It can cook 4-6 burgers at a time. Also since I will not be running, I will gladly volunteer for something. Just don't know yet how much time that day I will be able to devote to the event. Damn kid & her sports interrupting my fun!

We are going to be at Firebird doing the Camaro5Fest thing and I'll be smoking up some deliciousness. If I can get a good headcount, and we can put out a donation jar, I'd be happy to make lunch. I make a hell of a pork butt. :)

We are going to be at Firebird doing the Camaro5Fest thing and I'll be smoking up some deliciousness. If I can get a good headcount, and we can put out a donation jar, I'd be happy to make lunch. I make a hell of a pork butt. :)

Awesome!

Unless someone disagrees, I think Dave's offer for butt is awesome, I'll wait a day and if no opjections I'll add it to the first post... Paid list updated in the first post. 3 down, 39 to go :toetap Just a quick note, remember a check list for the night before arrival. No loose batteries, stuff inside the car, floormats. etc... Check lug nut torque, and any other mechanical items you think need it. No Nawwwwwsss (sorry Sean) Firebird regulations. Bring your helmut, wear long pants and closed shoes. Anything else?

Unless someone disagrees, I think Dave's offer for butt is awesome, I'll wait a day and if no opjections I'll add it to the first post...

Paid list updated in the first post. 3 down, 39 to go :toetap

Just a quick note, remember a check list for the night before arrival.

No loose batteries, stuff inside the car, floormats. etc...

Check lug nut torque, and any other mechanical items you think need it.

No Nawwwwwsss (sorry Sean) Firebird regulations.

Bring your helmut, wear long pants and closed shoes.

Anything else?

giggle

I wouldn't even dream of using the spray...even one of these days when I hit an actual road course I wouldn't even dream of it...it's a straight line only power adder. :lol How far from where we're at will Dave be? I have a b-day party to go to for my daughter that same evening.

Guest Mikey

Sent in entry fees for two (Myself and my son, Marcus) via PayPal. Dawg...Are you sure 'bout the "Long Pants" requirement? It's probably gonna be pretty warm out there (the SCCA allows shorts).

wickedfastvette

Dave is good!:yourock: Paypal sent!

The smoker will be at the RV spot which should be at the south end of the east bleachers against the drag strip. I'll be smokin' it all night long so it will be ready for chomping any time after 11.