ACE AWARDS

C4orce2

It was decided that many of us would enjoy seeing awards won by other ACE members at such events as races, car shows, etc. If you have won an award of any type, please let all of us know by describing the award and the event, and if possible, post a picture of the award. Good luck to everyone and lets see the "bling".

I'll get this topic started by showing the awards my wife and I have won with our '92. We bought the car in May of 2008 with the intent of going to shows. Since we purchased it we have made several improvement to the interior and of course the conversion to the LS3 "hot cam" engine. From August 2009 to July 2010 I was working in Europe most of the time and was not able to attend many shows. The conversion was completed in August 2010 and I've been trying to make up for lost time. Here is a list of our awards and a few pictures. Hopefully, many more to come! 9/1/08 1st Place, C4s, Millard Fillmore Corvette Classic 32, Julio Gs, Scottsdale; 10/19/08 1st Place, C4s, 10th Annual October Vette Fest, Power Chevorlet, Peoria; 2/15/09 1st Place, C4s, 16th Annual Sweetheart Car Show, Chapman Chevrolet, Tempe; 3/14/09 3rd Place, C4s, Corvettes on the Green at Julio Gs, Scottsdale; 3/21/09 3rd Place, 80-09 corvettes, 4th Annual Desert Thunder, Sunshine Acres Children's Home, Mesa 3/29/09 3rd Place, all cars 84-96, CARRS Against Cancer, Joe's Crab Shack, Tempe; 4/4/09 Top 25, all cars, 1st Annual Apache Junction Elks Spring Car Show, Apache Junction; 4/5/09 1st Place, all domestic cars, College Motorsports Association Car Show, Prescott; 5/17/09 2nd Place, C4s, 32nd Annual Plastic Fantastic, Seaport Village, San Diego; 12/6/09 3rd Place, full size cars (go figure),Severed in the Southwest, Phoenix; 7/4/10 1st Place, all corvettes, Sweet Wheels, Snowflake; 8/14/10 1st Place, 1980 to present, Twisters' Cool Country Cruiise In, Williams 8/28/10 Best Paint, Apache County Motorsports Days, St. Johns 9/25/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, Banner Health Cancer Screening, Glendale; and, 10/2/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, 16th Annual Just Cruisin Car Show, Winslow.

post-1178-073549400 1286204723.jpg

post-1178-051333200 1286204752.jpg

post-1178-015933400 1286204775.jpg

I'll get this topic started by showing the awards my wife and I have won with our '92. We bought the car in May of 2008 with the intent of going to shows. Since we purchased it we have made several improvement to the interior and of course the conversion to the LS3 "hot cam" engine. From August 2009 to July 2010 I was working in Europe most of the time and was not able to attend many shows. The conversion was completed in August 2010 and I've been trying to make up for lost time.

Here is a list of our awards and a few pictures. Hopefully, many more to come!

9/1/08 1st Place, C4s, Millard Fillmore Corvette Classic 32, Julio Gs, Scottsdale;

10/19/08 1st Place, C4s, 10th Annual October Vette Fest, Power Chevorlet, Peoria;

2/15/09 1st Place, C4s, 16th Annual Sweetheart Car Show, Chapman Chevrolet, Tempe;

3/14/09 3rd Place, C4s, Corvettes on the Green at Julio Gs, Scottsdale;

3/21/09 3rd Place, 80-09 corvettes, 4th Annual Desert Thunder, Sunshine Acres Children's Home, Mesa

3/29/09 3rd Place, all cars 84-96, CARRS Against Cancer, Joe's Crab Shack, Tempe;

4/4/09 Top 25, all cars, 1st Annual Apache Junction Elks Spring Car Show, Apache Junction;

4/5/09 1st Place, all domestic cars, College Motorsports Association Car Show, Prescott;

5/17/09 2nd Place, C4s, 32nd Annual Plastic Fantastic, Seaport Village, San Diego;

12/6/09 3rd Place, full size cars (go figure),Severed in the Southwest, Phoenix;

7/4/10 1st Place, all corvettes, Sweet Wheels, Snowflake;

8/14/10 1st Place, 1980 to present, Twisters' Cool Country Cruiise In, Williams

8/28/10 Best Paint, Apache County Motorsports Days, St. Johns

9/25/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, Banner Health Cancer Screening, Glendale; and,

10/2/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, 16th Annual Just Cruisin Car Show, Winslow.

Nice hardware. :thumbs You've been busy. Hope to see the car in person someday too, so post up where you'll be next. Do you ever plan on taking it to the track to check out the LS3 swap?

I only have two with the Vette, but many with other cars.

I'll get this topic started by showing the awards my wife and I have won with our '92. We bought the car in May of 2008 with the intent of going to shows. Since we purchased it we have made several improvement to the interior and of course the conversion to the LS3 "hot cam" engine. From August 2009 to July 2010 I was working in Europe most of the time and was not able to attend many shows. The conversion was completed in August 2010 and I've been trying to make up for lost time.

Here is a list of our awards and a few pictures. Hopefully, many more to come!

9/1/08 1st Place, C4s, Millard Fillmore Corvette Classic 32, Julio Gs, Scottsdale;

10/19/08 1st Place, C4s, 10th Annual October Vette Fest, Power Chevorlet, Peoria;

2/15/09 1st Place, C4s, 16th Annual Sweetheart Car Show, Chapman Chevrolet, Tempe;

3/14/09 3rd Place, C4s, Corvettes on the Green at Julio Gs, Scottsdale;

3/21/09 3rd Place, 80-09 corvettes, 4th Annual Desert Thunder, Sunshine Acres Children's Home, Mesa

3/29/09 3rd Place, all cars 84-96, CARRS Against Cancer, Joe's Crab Shack, Tempe;

4/4/09 Top 25, all cars, 1st Annual Apache Junction Elks Spring Car Show, Apache Junction;

4/5/09 1st Place, all domestic cars, College Motorsports Association Car Show, Prescott;

5/17/09 2nd Place, C4s, 32nd Annual Plastic Fantastic, Seaport Village, San Diego;

12/6/09 3rd Place, full size cars (go figure),Severed in the Southwest, Phoenix;

7/4/10 1st Place, all corvettes, Sweet Wheels, Snowflake;

8/14/10 1st Place, 1980 to present, Twisters' Cool Country Cruiise In, Williams

8/28/10 Best Paint, Apache County Motorsports Days, St. Johns

9/25/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, Banner Health Cancer Screening, Glendale; and,

10/2/10 2nd Place, all corvettes, 16th Annual Just Cruisin Car Show, Winslow.

Nice hardware. :thumbs You've been busy. Hope to see the car in person someday too, so post up where you'll be next. Do you ever plan on taking it to the track to check out the LS3 swap?

I only have two with the Vette, but many with other cars.

I plan on going to 5 or 6 more shows this month. However, I probably will try and make one of the Friday night shows in Chandler, but not this Friday. The next ACE event I will be at will most likely be the 11/13 trip to LPM. They are planning on tuning the car later this month as well, but I'm not sure of that date yet. No real plans to take it to the track.

Ok, I guess I will play next. Don't have a lot but have some that I really like.

First couple are from the ACE BBQ in Tucson that Greg puts on. The one on the left is the very first trophy I ever won. That's what got me started going to more shows. Thanks Greg... :thumbs

The one on the left is from the 2nd annual and the other one is from the 3rd and it's also purple.

Both first place in C5.

Posted Image

These 3 are from the Chandler Hooters that a friend of mine put on last year. 2 firsts and one second. The girls were the judges.

Posted Image

This one is from Julio G's earlier this year I believe. I think they called it Corvettes On The Green.

One of the Most Outstanding Corvettes.

Posted Image

This one is from the Corvettes and Ghost Riders last year. That trip is pretty fun if you can go.

Posted Image

These 2 are from the Last Fling Til Spring up in Nebraska October 2009. Even got $100 with the one on the right. :willy

One on the left is First Place in my class. One on right is Most Outstanding Corvette/Sports Car/Kit Car.

Posted Image

This is my first plaque. It's a residents choice at a Nursing Center. Got this in May 2010.

They only gave out one award for the whole show so I was pretty excited to get it.

Posted Image

This plaque is from a fund raiser at the Apache Junction High School put on in the Spring.

Posted Image

These are the latest acquisitions I have. Got these a few weeks ago at the Last Fling Til Spring car show in Nebraska again.

The one on the left is First Place in my class and the one on the right is a Sponsors Choice. No money this time. Bummer.

Posted Image

Well, that's about it for now. Hope to show more when I get some. We'll see though. Might not ever win anything again.

Shine On Peeps............

Lets see what you others have to show for your hard work.

It's fairly easy to win where I come from as there are few Vettes but lots of oldies. I have never entered a show in Canada for that reason. I won a 2nd for C4's in Tombstone with a '92 black and white vert and a long distance award :whoopdeedo:. Took my '98 Coupe to Tombtone and after a 30 second "pass me over" by the judges (need I say "political") I was a total :loser: This year the '04 should do some thing, what I don't know. Clean, driver, all around nice Vette imho. I try to make it a fun thing where I renew friendships and meet other Corvette enthusiasts. Trailered garage queens need not apply. My 4,000 miles (round trip) is worth more to me than any store bought trophy.

Ok, I guess I will play next. Don't have a lot but have some that I really like.

First couple are from the ACE BBQ in Tucson that Greg puts on. The one on the left is the very first trophy I ever won. That's what got me started going to more shows. Thanks Greg... :thumbs

The one on the left is from the 2nd annual and the other one is from the 3rd and it's also purple.

Both first place in C5.

Posted Image

These 3 are from the Chandler Hooters that a friend of mine put on last year. 2 firsts and one second. The girls were the judges.

Posted Image

This one is from Julio G's earlier this year I believe. I think they called it Corvettes On The Green.

Posted Image

This one is from the Corvettes and Ghost Riders last year. That trip is pretty fun if you can go.

Posted Image

These 2 are from the Last Fling Til Spring up in Nebraska October 2009. Even got $100 with the one on the right. :willy

One on the left is First Place in my class. One on right is Most Outstanding Corvette/Sports Car/Kit Car.

Posted Image

This is my first plaque. It's a residents choice at a Nursing Center. Got this in May 2010.

They only gave out one award for the whole show so I was pretty excited to get it.

Posted Image

This plaque is from a fund raiser at the Apache Junction High School put on in the Spring.

Posted Image

These are the latest acquisitions I have. Got these a few weeks ago at the Last Fling Til Spring car show in Nebraska again.

The one on the left is First Place in my class and the one on the right is a Sponsors Choice. No money this time. Bummer.

Posted Image

Well, that's about it for now. Hope to show more when I get some. We'll see though. Might not ever win anything again.

Shine On Peeps............

Lets see what you others have to show for your hard work.

Very nice. Having seen your car several times I'm not surprised at all about your success. I'm sure we will see more from you in the future.

I agree that some shows can be pretty political and one sided if your an outsider. I mainly just go to meet people and look at some pretty cool rides. If I win something, :cool , if not, that's :cool too. I did go to Nebraska this year to win though so that one I can't deny. Strutt, I don't remember seeing your Yeller one yet. See ya Friday afternoon. Thanks for the cudos. :burnout2

Absolutely, most car shows are political. If you go alone to out-of-town shows like I do 90% of the time, you are facing an uphill battle to win anything. I select which shows to go to by looking at the classes, finding out if it will be participant judged or judged by judges (if you are alone, being judged by a panel of judges is always better), and then try to guess what the competition will be like. I never plan on winning anything; that way you are pleasantly surprised quite often and very rarely disappointed. Another factor is the layout of the show. For example, the shows in Williams and Winslow this summer were held downtown along Route 66, so the cars are spread out in a long line along the street as opposed to being in a parking lot, for example. When I went to Williams I had a great spot in the middle of the long line so everyone saw the car; result, first place all cars 1980 and newer. However, in Winslow I was told not to show up until 7:30 AM so I arrived at 7:20 and found out that 90% of the cars were already there. I ended up being the last car at the "ass" end of the show. It was judged by the participants and I know that many of the participants never even got down to my end of the show to see the car. End result, out of 6 or 7 vettes, I took second and lost to a C3 parked in the middle of the show that never even put up his hood. That may not have had anything to do with the end rusult, but you never know and if you are going that far to a show you might as well give yourself every chance you can. My main goal in going to shows is to look at the other rides, most of which are not vettes, and meet the great owners. No matter what type of car they own, they are all proud of their cars and are generally great people. Often they think that vette owners are snobs and I loving talking to them and showing them that we are just like them "car crazy".

My main goal in going to shows is to look at the other rides, most of which are not vettes, and meet the great owners. No matter what type of car they own, they are all proud of their cars and are generally great people.

That's exactly the reason I enjoyed Hot August Nights so much. 5000 cars and not a duplicate anywhere.

Only thing I've ever won with the Vette, but other than the Tucson Elks club shows, this is all I've ever entered the car in....

3RD place in a car stereo competition. Almost took another award that day but had no idea what i was doing as I don't enter these competitions....

Posted Image

Got a first and second place plaque somewhere around here from back in the mid 90s in New Mexico, does that count? :facepalm:

This is the hardware we brought back from Tombstone for the Corvettes and Ghost Riders event Red C4 won peoples Choice Best of Show and Hall of fame award and the C5 won on of the top twenty best Corvettes Award.

Here is a link to the pictures Corvettes and Ghost Riders 2010

oh well cant attach the images but they are in the link

Excellent pictures Greg. And congratulations again on swiping all the hardware.

Damn Greg, nice win :thumbs And Marc and Darci, congrats!!! John and Karen.... I guess you two get a congrats too, just for driving! :lol

Our latest 2 awards.

From the Tombstone Corvettes and Ghost Riders show. Had a great time. Thanks for the pics Jester.

Posted Image

Funny thing happened on the way home on Sunday morning.

We stopped in Benson on the way home for another car show that we didn't have planned. Just sort of happened. We weren't in any hurry to get home anyway. They were having a car show going on when we stopped for gas on our way home from Tombstone. We stopped around 11 in the morning and one of the locals there asked if we would go put the car in the show that was being held down at their park. So we talked it over and decided to do it. One of the participants told us that we were to late for registration to enter the car. So Darci being the one to not take no for an answer went up to the judges table and asked and they said sure, come on in. So we got parked and before I could even get the thing cleaned up the judge came over and started looking at it. The photographer was even there and started taking pictures while I was cleaning. But when the show was over we were awarded the best in class which was modified 1946 to present. I don't know how many were in our class but I'm sure I made some enemies by showing up that late and then winning the only plaque they gave out for it. First place was all they awarded. So we had a pretty good weekend. Had lots of fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest killer408

Funny thing happened on the way home on Sunday morning.

I don't know how many were in our class but I'm sure I made some enemies by showing up that late and then winning the only plaque they gave out for it. First place was all they awarded. So we had a pretty good weekend. Had lots of fun.

Thats great.

The only thing I have won is yellow line racing. No awards yet and hope I never get any.

So Gila Bend did the 2nd annual Santa Show and Shine to benefit the Toy's for Tot's today. Last year they had 6 cars show up. So Jammye talked me into entering this year....12 cars this year. So this is what I brought home.... My first ever trophy :lol Before you ask what a "slow drag" is.. There is a starting line, then about 60 feet away is the lift line (you have to lift off the gas) then another 60 feet or so is the finish line that you have to coast to. My only real competition was a 72 small block pinto with slicks and wheelie bars. I had to car lengths on him at the lift line so it wasn't even a challenge... I was hitting 55 to 60mph at the lift line.... The pinto did kick butt in the burnout contest though... :lol