NCM to build track complex

MOTV8

Don't know if this is a dupe.....but the NCM is gonna build two road courses and a drag strip on site!

Linkski :cfdeadagain

Don't know if this is a dupe.....but the NCM is gonna build two road courses and a drag strip on site!

So they can bust your warranty before you even leave the propety... jus sayin!

:smilelolNO SH!T, Tim :yeah:

Just think Cale could have taken a lap or two around the road course and never got that faulty seat foam replaced :smilelol

Be sure to read all of the fine print on the docs you will have to sign before you use their strip or road course.

So, after reading what Ed posted about "voiding" your warranty, does that mean they will have GM agents at the tracks just waiting with pen in hand to write down your VIN for a block? :P That might piss a few owners off for sure.

So, after reading what Ed posted about "voiding" your warranty, does that mean they will have GM agents at the tracks just waiting with pen in hand to write down your VIN for a block? :P That might piss a few owners off for sure.

There have been some that say they have seen them at tracks...YES. :yesnod

There have been those that suggest covering your VIN while at the track. Ed could probably advise but I think dealers also copy down a lic plate when they check you in at service. I'm betting they have your plate on file as well as the VIN.

Ed could probably advise but I think dealers also copy down a lic plate when they check you in at service. I'm betting they have your plate on file as well as the VIN.

That is correct Eddie......so far on the list of warranty blocks I have - C6speed, CaHd, Deviled Vette and 08Z51 :bolt:

Ed could probably advise but I think dealers also copy down a lic plate when they check you in at service. I'm betting they have your plate on file as well as the VIN.

That is correct Eddie......so far on the list of warranty blocks I have - C6speed, CaHd, Deviled Vette and 08Z51 :bolt:

In other words, don't take your car to Ed or yours will be blocked too!!! :lol

It's a real pain disconnecting my nitrous each time I come in.

It's a real pain disconnecting my nitrous each time I come in.

Then you obviously don't know what you're talking about. :lol

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest SeeSeven

Reading the warranty manual with my Z-51, C7: "The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused as the result of any of the following: 1) Collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, or objects striking the vehicle; 2) Misuse of the vehicle such as driving over curbs, overloading, racing, or other competition. Proper vehicle use is discussed in the owners manual"; Items 3-8 not reprinted here as they do not deal with our subject.

Reading the owners manual, however, talks about track use extensively - and not in the prohibited sense. I'm not sure how to interpret the two put together. I'm going get in touch with a GM factory rep and I will post as soon as I get some sort of info or an official ruling.

I've attached the track pricing I got from Mitch at the NCM when the track is finished in Sept for clubs wanting to rent the track- and the track looks like an awsome one - and a really nice length. I viewed the beginning of the earth moving stages when I picked up my car Nov 19th. Also, for HPDE events hosted at the track it will be $400-500 per driver entry depending on skill level as to whether an instructor needs to be involved or not.

NCM track pricing.pdf

Interesting verbiage. i'm sure an attorney could find something to argue.

I wonder if a judged car show is included in the phrase "or other competition"? LOL Sorry, you won a trophy, your warranty is void.

I wonder if a judged car show is included in the phrase "or other competition"? LOL Sorry, you won a trophy, your warranty is void.

Ted, just another great reason I choose a C4 as my show car!!

Guest SeeSeven

Just got this in return from Mitch at the NCM:

Great question, a HPDE is not racing it is High Performance Driver education or a drivers school. I know that the very few that have had a issue at our HPDE programs have had warranty coverage. Now that may be due to the large number of Corvette engineers that attend a lot of our events. But what I really need to do is ask the question to our contacts at the plant and the GM Tech Center, my gut tells me that the question has a number of answers and not a simple yes it will be covered or no the warranty is void.

Give me a few days to get back to you.

To which I asked:

"Please also ask also about the scenario of a club renting the track for a day."

Guys you know there are plenty of tracks that are not thousands of miles away. In fact one of those tracks (Inde) has been used to test the new Viper, Camaro, Mustang, and Vette. Why not just suppot a local track event?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SeeSeven

Just got this in return from Mitch at the NCM:

Great question, a HPDE is not racing it is High Performance Driver education or a drivers school. I know that the very few that have had a issue at our HPDE programs have had warranty coverage. Now that may be due to the large number of Corvette engineers that attend a lot of our events. But what I really need to do is ask the question to our contacts at the plant and the GM Tech Center, my gut tells me that the question has a number of answers and not a simple yes it will be covered or no the warranty is void.

Give me a few days to get back to you.

To which I asked:

"Please also ask also about the scenario of a club renting the track for a day."

Well, it took a while for Mitch to get a reply from his GM contact at the Plant. But here it is:

David,

The reply I got from a GM Rep:

GM policy is different than many other manufactures especially when it comes to Corvette. Corvette is advertised that it is made to be driven on the track and then back home. If the car is not altered, which means no alterations including tires, wheels brakes and powertrain. GM advises it will not cover the car if it is driven in a race or competition. If the event is not timed and the customer does not have a timing device in their car then it usually is not considered a race or a competitive event. There are other manufactures that do not allow their cars to be seen near a track or their warranty can be voided. GM’s position has been and I suspect that it will continue to be that GM will not proactively cancel anyone’s warranty. If the car is observed at a HPDE event and the car is stock then in most cases the owner has every right to expect GM would cover a warrantable defect. This does not mean that GM will replace the brakes because they wore out dues to track time. It does not mean that if an owner drives the car with track tires on it and in a sustained corner the car runs out of oil that GM would cover it. For the most part GM engineers their cars to be driven to the limit of the car as designed. A completely stock Corvette on a track should be warrantable. If the driver misses a shift and over revs the engine its not covered. If the driver wears the clutch out it’s a wear item and not covered. There are a lot of scenarios that would be covered and there are some that would not. The best bet is to leave the car completely stock and have a good working relationship with the local dealership.

I think this pretty much answers the question, if the car is stock and driver error did not cause the problem it looks like the warranty is in place. Consumables such as brakes and tires are not included.

Mitch Wright

General Manager

NCM Motorsports Park

350 Corvette Dr

Bowling Green, KY

270 777 4508 office

www.motorsportspark.org

So, clear as mud, huh? Probably it would be ok, but maybe not. A typical answer counseled by a lawyer, no doubt. In any event it seems to be an call by GM through the dealer IF they know about a track event... AND the whole issue is about a single warranty claim, not voiding the entire warranty. Hope this helps.

• 6 months later...

Get 'er dun, this opened today. Corvette Racing led teh opening parade laps......

BwIvBRRCcAEmjzi.jpg

BwILzkWIUAAvA-V.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still confused on why this track is so sought after on here when there are 2 major Track Daty clubs that operate in yor back yard, and several smaller track days offered all over Arizona. Do a NASA, ProAuto, or hell come to one of my small events all are going to give you more track time then the NCM Track. And you wont have to drive across the county.

Or, one of our very own ACE fun autoX events that we have at Bondurant ???

We have an auto cross event?

Maybe you are speaking of the burn out/ drifting contest........ and other random silliness

either way